The great thing about Android developers is that they never run out of ideas to make our lives comfortable and convenient. Now another developer from XDA Developers, amarullz, has created another app for us and the AROMA Filemanager is its name. It’s been tagged as the “world’s first Android recovery-based file manager.”
For the record, the word “aroma” originated in Bahasa Indonesia and means “scent”. In this case, it also means “Amarullz Android ROM Manifestation.” AROMA Filemanager is, in plain and simple terms, a file manager with a GUI and is run while your phone is in Recovery Mode.
As a file manager, you can use it to perform many of the common tasks that a file manager is expected to perform, including copying, pasting, file and folder creation or deletion, and so on — all that while your phone is in Recovery Mode.
Check out this guide to install AROMA Filemanager on your Android device.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- An Android device with ClockworkMod Recovery or any custom recovery installed
- Download the AROMA Filemanager package from here (aromafm-1.00-120512-002.zip, 1.32 MB).
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Maintain a battery charge of 70% or more to make sure that you have sufficient power for the entire procedure.
- Download the AROMA Filemanager ZIP package from the link above.
- Copy the aromafm-1.00-120512-002.zip file to the root of your phone’s SD card.
- Reboot your device into Recovery Mode. (NOTE: The instructions that follow presume that you’re using ClockworkMod Recovery.)
- Choose Install ZIP from SD Card > Select ZIP from SD Card and select the aromafm-1.00-120512-002.zip file.
- Select Yes to install the file.
- You’ll get a prompt on the phone’s screen and a choice whether you want to use an alternative touch method.
- To check if the touch input works, tap the No button a few times. If it works, AROMA Filemanager will start.
- If it doesn’t work, select the Yes button using the Volume buttons and press Power/Home button to select it. Follow the instructions to calibrate the touch screen and AROMA Filemanager will start.
Congratulations! You can now use the AROMA Filemanager through your phone’s custom recovery.