Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
ZTE Axon 7 receives another OTA update, but no Nougat yet
ZTE is back with another update for its Axon 7 flagship this week, which comes just one and a half months after the previous batch of software tweaks. The OTA update is already rolling out and should land on handsets the next 24 hours or so, if you haven’t spotted it already.
The latest software version comes with the build number B29 and features a selection of fixes for a number of persistent Axon 7 issues. Sadly, there’s no Android Nougat upgrade yet. That particular update has been teased yet again in this latest changelog, with ZTE confirming that a Nougat build is in the works. But no release window has been given yet.
As for this update, here’s the full change log from ZTE’s US website:
- Notification bell is now optional (hooray!)
- New application management policy to enhance battery life
- Optimized video camera focus on moving objects
- Resolved .FLAC file playback issue
- Visual Voicemail optimized for dual SIM
- Updated fix for Mute Call issue
- Other general enhancements
ZTE suggests that users head on over to “Settings -> Updates” to force a manual check for the OTA update if they don’t spot the notification in the next day or two.