Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
ZenWatch 3 receives a major update, security fixes for ZenWatch 2
This may not be Android Wear 2.0, but the latest update for the ASUS ZenWatch 3 brings some important fixes and changes. Along with that, ASUS is also pushing out the December security update for the previous generation ZenWatch.
Asus’ ZenWatch 3 is among the very few Android Wear watches that launched the second half of 2016. And as I wrote before, it may be the first time that an Android Wear smartwatch got everything right, from design to price. The watch comes with a 1.39-inch circular AMOLED display with a resolution of 400 x 400 and is powered by Qualcomm’s wearable-optimized processor, Snapdragon Wear 2100. All of that for just $229.
Although it hasn’t been that long since its release, the ZenWatch 3 is already getting a major update, which brings some new features as well as much-needed fixes:
- Fix security vulnerabilities ( Update to Dec 2016 of Android Security Bulletins )
- Improve the accuracy of algorithm.
- Improve the stability of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connection.
- Remove charging/discharging notification message.
- Update translations in various languages.
- Support algorithm of falling detection (ZenWatch Manager companion app v126.96.36.199220 is needed).
- Support ECO mode setting in the ZenWatch 3.
- Support “Button setting” for user customization
- Add new themes for watch face of Aureole, Golden Era, Silver Ribbon, Ostra, Geometry, Signature, Cruise.
ASUS is also rolling out a minor software update for ZenWatch 2 users. It’s nothing exciting though – just the December security fixes, but hey, better than nothing, eh?
Do you own a smartwatch? Do you find it useful? Let us know in the comments below!