Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
You told us: Most of you are subscribed to YouTube Premium
YouTube Premium launched back in the mid-2010s, giving users perks like ad-free video playback, access to original content, and background video playback. Since then, the service and YouTube Music have reached a combined 50 million subscribers.
Do Android Authority readers subscribe to the service, though? Well, we asked this question last week and we got a massive response. Here’s how you answered it.
Do you subscribe to YouTube Premium?
We posted the poll on March 3, and it accrued an impressive 12,100 votes at the time of writing. That’s a massive sample size, and it turns out that 60% of polled readers say they subscribe to YouTube Premium.
We don’t blame these readers, as a subscription is one of the easiest ways to avoid ads on YouTube across multiple devices. In fact, many comments in favor of a subscription point to multiple device support as the biggest upside. You also get other extras like background playback, higher-quality offline downloads, original content, and music streaming.
Meanwhile, ~40% of respondents say they don’t subscribe to YouTube Premium. According to the comments, many readers prefer to use apps like YouTube Vanced or ad-blockers to avoid ads in particular. Either way, we’d be very keen to see how this poll goes for a more casual audience.
- amn: there must be another poll option called “I use Vanced”
- (•̀ᴗ•́)و: Paying for YT Premium ain’t gonna save me from youtuber’s favorite sponsor, RAID Shadow Legends right? So, no. (I am not subscribed to premium so I might be wrong.)
- A Man: I just use Vanced
- Gianluca Di Maggio: It’s hard to believe that so many people waste their money. On mobile I use Youtube Vanced, on PC adblock and Enhancer for Youtube, with my favourite Channels whitelisted. Unless you also use Youtube Music it’s a ripoff.
- BlackSh33p: Yep! No ads is worth it. I’m on the student discount though… when that runs out, I’ll probably let it go
- Nick: Yes but it’s very overpriced and doesn’t stop in video sponsor’s/ads. Very frustrating!
- Wes: Absolutely! It’s definitely worth it for my case. I have a big family. So, everyone being able to watch ad free on all devices, and get YouTube Music as part of it is a no brainer.
- Christine: I am very frequent user of YouTube on my tv. Yes it is worth it to me.