Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
YotaPhone 2 will get new accessories, apps and a white variant in the coming months
The YotaPhone 2 is certainly one of the most unique Android handsets on the market right now, and it’s about to get even more interesting. Yota Devices has just announced that in the coming months, the YotaPhone 2 will be updated to Android 5.0 Lollipop and will also gain some new accessories, including special bumper cases and a wireless power bank. Additionally, a white variant of the phone is in the works, and is set to launch by the end of March.
Yota has also partnered with a few companies in order to bring more apps and services that will integrate with the e-paper display. Here is the full list of services we can expect to see on the handset in the coming months:
- Spritz: The ongoing integration of their focused reading technology will help readers get their email, books and notifications faster, with less effort on the ‘always on’ EPD display.
- Psy(x) Audio: Using a proprietary neural process, the customized “always on” Earprint application is the world’s only universal adaptive audio technology that improves your hearing and reduces listening fatigue from compressed audio up to 192kHz.
- StayTuned: This app concierge will add context awareness to YotaPhone by automatically organizing the user’s apps and displaying the most relevant apps and services, depending on where they are, time and personal habits. The solution learns from the user behavior in different contexts and is able to predict the user needs, providing a real-time personalized mobile experience.
- Graphite Software: Secure Spaces increases choice and security for businesses and users to dedicate each screen for multiple possible environments – work, personal, kids, gaming.
- Everypost: The easiest way to create, customize, schedule and post content to Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn and many other social network.
- Emberify: A start-up working on contextual technologies, developing Instant, the most comprehensive Quantified Self platform for tracking app/device usage, fitness & travel.
The phone has been available in select markets for a few months now, and Yota plans to bring the device to both AT&T and T-Mobile via an Indiegogo campaign this Spring. We’d imaging that the accessories listed above will likely be available as extra incentives on the crowdfunding campaign, but that’s just us speculating for now. There’s no official date as to when these accessories and services will come to the device, so we’ll have to wait for an official announcement from the company sometime soon.