Xiaomi announced the MIUI 11 roadmap during the launch of the Redmi Note 8 Pro in India last week. Looks like the company is bang on schedule for its new Android 9-based software update. Xiaomi has announced that it has started rolling out the MIUI 11 global stable ROM V22.214.171.124 for Redmi K20 and Redmi K20 Pro.
The company says that the update is rolling out in batches, so you may have to wait a few days before you get yours. Those with the global Redmi K20 variant (i.e. the Mi 9T) should also be expecting the MIUI 11 update sometime soon.
This first wave of MIUI 11 updates are expected to reach users by October 31. Other Xiaomi phones expected to receive MIUI 11 in this batch include: Poco F1, Redmi Y3, Redmi 7, Redmi Note 7, Redmi Note 7S, and Redmi Note 7 Pro.
MIUI 11 for Redmi K20
The MIUI 11 update for Redmi K20 is 766MB in size. It also carries the September 2019 security patch with it. It carries features such as a always-on display, task functionality in the notes app, a built-in step tracker, video wallpapers, Game Turbo mode and more.
You can download MIUI 11 for your Redmi K20 phones by heading to Settings > About phone > System update.
Xiaomi will also post the download links here shortly.
Below is the complete changelog.
- Updated Android Security Patch to September 2019. Increased system security.
- Optimization: Lock screen pocket mode.
- Optimization: Removed unnecessary sound notifications for DND mode.
- Editing, sharing, and customizing your screenshots is now much easier.
Game speed booster
- A major upgrade for the toolbox in Game Turbo: autoplay and switching between data SIM cards are available now.
- Auto brightness, screenshot gestures, and Reading mode can be turned off automatically when Game Turbo is on.
- Refreshed start page of Game Turbo.
- Optimization: Prompts about turning on Game Turbo.
- You can create a Home screen shortcut for Game Turbo now.
- Continuous swiping opens an additional menu in Game Turbo now.
- Stay productive and efficient with our all-new Mi Doc Viewer.
- Preview your documents before you open them.
- Optimization: All-new design and UI.
- You can swipe down to view more shortcuts now.
- Keep your screen alive with our amazing special effects.
- Personalize your device with a unique signature.
- Always-on display now comes with dynamic themes. Essential information is displayed on your screen 24/7.
- Game Turbo. Turn your device into an ultimate gaming console.
- Quick replies. Reply to messages from any app.
- Tasks. Manage and edit your tasks in the Notes app. Receive timely notifications and mark things done.
- Print photos and files directly from your phone without installing any additional apps.
Sounds of nature
- Notification sounds won’t make you tired. Now, they keep changing dynamically, just like nature does.
- Wake up to the gentle sounds of nature with our new alarm ringtones.
- Transfer files from phone-to-phone at faster speeds.
- Lockscreen, status bar, Notification shade.
- Fingerprint icon didn’t always disappear after unlocking. This has been fixed.
- Fix for fingerprint icon not always being displayed on the lock screen.
- Improved UI and layouts for selecting items that are displayed on the turned off-screen.
- In-screen fingerprint scanner’s response.
- Calendar icon on the turned off-screen.
- Use your fingerprint to open Home screen once you unlocked the device using face data and stayed on the Lock screen.
- More clock formats for Always-on display.
- Comprehensive design optimized for full-screen display devices.
- Removing visual clutter, improving touch controls, and refining the use of color allowed us to create a system where nothing stands between you and the content.
MIUI 11 for the Redmi K20 series is a pretty hefty update then, but what would you like to see in future updates? Give us your thoughts in the comments.