Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Xiaomi launches the 'big' Mi Max 2 in India
The ‘Max’ is clearly the keyword for the device as it sports a big 6.44-inch Full HD display and a whopping 5,300 mAh battery. With dimensions of 174.1 x 88.7 x 7.6mm, it’s a really big phone – like its predecessor – and makes no qualms about it.
Powered by the Snapdragon 625 chipset with 4 GB of RAM, the device packs in 64 GB of internal storage. The 128 GB variant launched in China has not made its way to India. The Mi Max 2 features a unibody metal design this time around, that is just 7.6mm at its thinnest point and packs in a rear fingerprint sensor.
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 Specifications
- Operating System: Android 7.1.1 Nougat with MIUI 8
- Display: 6.44-inch Full-HD (1080 x 1920) | Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Processor: 2.0 GHz Octa-core Snapdragon 625 | 14nm FinFET technology
- RAM: 4 GB
- Internal Storage 64 GB; expandable up to 128 GB with microSD card
- Rear Camera: 12 MP with Dual LED flash | PDAF | Sony IMX386 sensor
- Front Camera: 5 MP | 85° wide-angle lens
- Battery: 5,300 mAh | Quick Charge 3.0
- Dimensions: 174.1 x 88.7 x 7.6 mm
- Weight: 211 g
Priced at ₹16,999 ($265) and available in matte black color variant, the Mi Max 2 will be the first Xiaomi device to be made available across both online and offline channels starting July 27. The online partners include Amazon.in, Flipkart, Tata Cliq, and Paytm Mall while the offline partners include Poorvika, Sangeetha, BigC, Lot Mobiles, Ezone, Hotspot, and Vijay Sales. Before that however, Mi Max 2 will be available during the 3rd Mi Anniversary special sale on July 20 and 21, from 10 a.m. on Mi.com and at Mi Home.
What are your thoughts on the new Mi Max 2? It’s a pretty good mid-range smartphone, but also for only a niche audience that like phablets with large display. Also, it will be the first Xiaomi phone in India to be launched with Android N out of the box. Let us know in the comments if you like the idea of the Mi Max 2.