Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
WhatsApp's voice messages just got much better with multiple new features
- WhatsApp has added six new voice messaging features.
- The new features should roll out to all WhatsApp users in the coming weeks.
WhatsApp has introduced six new features to make voice messaging even more useful on its platform. The same have already started rolling out to users, and WhatsApp says more people should start seeing them in the next few days.
The list of new WhatsApp voice messaging features include the following:
- Out of Chat Playback: This new feature allows you to listen to a voice message outside of a chat just like you would watch a YouTube video shared on WhatsApp. It’ll allow you to read and respond to other messages while listening to the voice message that appears as a bar on top of the app.
- Pause/Resume Recording: You can now pause and resume the recording when sending voice messages. Previously, when you pressed the microphone button, there was no way to stop the recording if you needed to gather your thoughts before speaking.
- Waveform Visualization: This is more of a cosmetic change and shows a visual representation of the sound of the voice message to help you follow the recording.
- Draft Preview: You also now have a way of previewing your voice messages before sending them out.
- Remember Playback: If you pause when listening to a voice message, you can pick up where you left off when you return to the chat.
- Fast Playback on Forwarded Messages: If you’re in a rush, you can now play voice messages at 1.5x or 2x speeds to listen to them faster on both regular and forwarded messages.
WhatsApp says users exchange seven billion voice messages on its platform on a daily basis. That should make these new voice messaging features pretty popular on the platform. Have you tried them out yet?