Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
The Weekly Authority: Pixel 5 & Pixel 4a 5G reviews, iPhone 12 announced
It was a busy week for tech enthusiasts, the top happenings were the big Amazon Prime Day sales events, the release of Google Pixel 4a 5G and Google Pixel 5 reviews, and the announcement from Apple for the iPhone 12.
It took Amazon almost no time at all to dive into their next sales period, the Holiday Dash event is already spitting out new deals every day. There is every indication that this event will run all the way until Christmas, which is fairly exciting, but we wonder if there will still be big Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales events?
- OnePlus is making a limited edition Cyberpunk 2077 version of the OnePlus 8T (October 16, 2020)
- New Amazfit fitness watch brings a ton of features for under $50 (October 15, 2020)
- OnePlus co-founder Carl Pei leaves the company (October 12, 2020)
- OnePlus confirms a smartwatch is coming (October 15, 2020)
- Samsung mock’s Apple’s lack of charger, but how long until it does the same? (October 16, 2020)
October is a busy time for new devices! Despite the difficulties of 2020, we’ve no shortage of new tech to review this year.
- OnePlus 8T review: Not enough to stand out – by Ryan-Thomas Shaw
- realme 7 Pro review: One step forward, two steps back – By Dhruv Bhutani
- Samsung Galaxy Book S review: A sleek laptop with mobile smarts – by Robert Triggs
- Amazfit Neo review: Retro smarts, retro style – by Dhruv Bhutani
- Apple Watch Series 6 review: Take notes, Google – by Jimmy Westenberg
- Apple Watch SE review: The smartwatch for the masses – by Eric Zeman
- OnePlus 7T one year later: It still holds up – by Dhruv Bhutani
Features & Opinion
Around the office, the AA team has been talking about phone chargers, after Apple’s decision to not include a charger with new phones, and we’ve been contemplating the use of face unlock vs fingerprint scanners, especially as we’re all wearing masks these days. We have some writers that are excited about new mini phones, and others that are wondering why the global 5G roll-out has felt over-hyped so far.
- Android 11 improves on privacy: Here is how it can get even better – by Suzana Dalul, October 10, 2020
- When will your phone get Android 11? (October update) – by Mitja Rutnik, October 13, 2020
- Samsung Galaxy S30 series: everything we know so far – by C. Scott Brown, October 14, 2020
- What does MIL-STD-810G mean? Combat ready phones explained – By Adam Sinicki, October 13, 2020
If you’re shopping for tech right now, check out these popular deals:
- First prize: Google Pixel 5, $50 Amazon eGift card, and an AA hoodie
- Second prize: Fitbit Sense, and an AA hoodie
- Third prize: Beats Powerbeats Pro, and an AA t-shirt
That’s it, folks! We’ll have more top Android stories for you next week. To stay up to date on all things Android Authority in the meantime, be sure to subscribe to our newsletters at the link below.