Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Vivo Y55L is the company’s new budget smartphone in India
Vivo has announced the launch of Y55L, an upgraded version of the Y51L launched in January 2016, in India. The Y55L offers a split-screen feature for multitasking and a unique eye protection mode that ensures comfortable screen brightness by reducing blue light that causes strain on the eyes.
Vivo Y55L Specifications
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Funtouch OS 2.6
- Display: 13.21cm (5.2-inch) HD (1280 × 720)
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 Octa-core 1.4GHz
- RAM: 2GB
- Internal Storage: 16GB; expandable up to 128GB with microSD card
- Camera: 8MP rear camera | 5MP front camera
- Battery: 2650mAh
Priced at ₹11,980 ($180), the Y55L will be available across online and offline retailers in two colors – Gold and Space Grey.
The company has also announced the appointment of Kent Cheng as the new CEO for India operations. Cheng joined Vivo early this year, and in his current role, he will be building strong presence of the brand across the country through marketing, sales, and strong customer service network. Vivo entered India in the late 2014 and currently has its presence in more than 400 cities with over 15,000 retailers across the country.