Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
You told us: Most of you are all about mobile payments
Mobile payments are extremely convenient, allowing you to leave your card and wallet at home. There are loads of solutions out there too, from Google Pay and Apple Pay to OEM solutions and third-party apps.
But when was the last time you used mobile payments, though? We posed this question to readers earlier this week and here are the results of that poll.
When was the last time you used mobile payments?
Just over 1,900 votes were cast after we posted the poll, and it turns out that ~40% of respondents used mobile payments on the same day they took the poll (“today”). The second most popular option was “in the last week,” with 26.3% of the vote. In other words, virtually two-thirds of polled readers have used mobile payments in the last week.
It’s also interesting to note that 20.64% of respondents said they’ve never used mobile payments at all. Presumably, these readers simply prefer cash/card or can’t use mobile payments on their phone due to tinkering. For example, many financial/payment apps don’t work on rooted devices.
Bringing up the rear was “in the last month” (4.93%), “a few months ago” (3.73%), “more than a year ago (3.22%), and “a year ago” (1.24%).
- Debra RightIntwo Boykin: It’s incredibly convenient to leave your wallet or bag in the car when you need to grab something in the store. I literally only have my Samsung wallet on my lock screen because it’s a swipe, a fingerprint and a tap. Works faster than inserting a card, too. Plus, no touching anything that may spread disease! It’s a win win if you have a phone that supports it.
- Stanley Kubrick: Just as easy to tap, swipe, or insert a card. At least I don’t write a check while others are waiting in line behind me! I still see this!
- DilbertDoe: Never have, never will.
- David Josefsen: Google pay is built in MIUI 13 (Android 12) on my Mi 10T Pro 5G with built in NFC support. So easy to use , I use it everyday :) also some shops like Coop (here in Norway) supports mobile payments on their own apps you have to download.
- Skifarterking: Unfortunately couple month ago when Pay became Wallet and stopped working with Magisk. Hope there’s a solution coming.
- mattc: I rarely carry a card or wallet with me