Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
This week in Android: The P30 Pro elevates mobile photography
The big news this week was Huawei’s event in Paris where it unveiled the P30 and the P30 Pro. The P30 Pro features incredible cameras, which took the first place spot on DxOMark. In real-world use, the camera lives up to the hype, besting both the P20 Pro and the Samsung S10 Plus with ease.
In other device news, we reviewed the Samsung Galaxy S10 and the Samsung Galaxy A30, AKA the awkward stepchildren of the Galaxy line. We also got a sneak peek at Xiaomi’s impressive 100-watt charger and a new concept folding phone. That wasn’t the only new concept phone, as Oppo Reno’s unique pop-up camera leaked in all its shark fin glory.
Here are the top 10 stories for the week
- Huawei P30 and P30 Pro hands-on: Zooming into the future – Huawei’s latest learns from last year’s P20 Pro and elevates phone cameras to a whole new level. Get all the details here.
- Is the Huawei P30 Pro camera worth the hype? See for yourself – We take the newly released P30 Pro onto the streets of Paris to see if it truly lives up to the marketing. Spoiler warning: it does.
- Huawei P30 cameras: All the new tech explained – 40MP SuperSpectrum f/1.6 sensor, 20MP f/2.2 wide-angle, 8MP f/3.4 telephoto periscope… What does it all mean? We break it all down here.
- What a pro photographer can do with a cheap Android phone camera – Not everyone can afford the latest and greatest camera phones, but that doesn’t mean you can’t take great pictures – if you have the right skills.
- What is pixel binning? Everything you should know – Did you know that a Pixel 3’s 12MP camera provides higher resolution photos than a P30 Pro’s 40MP camera? Find out why here!
- Samsung Galaxy S10 review: Finding the middle ground is hard – The middle child of the Samsung Galaxy S10 line struggles to find its place in the family. Check out our full review here.
- Samsung vs Huawei reverse wireless charging test – The Mate 20 Pro and the Samsung Galaxy S10 line offer reverse wireless charging. We tested out both to see which one comes out on top.
- Wi-Fi 6 explained: What to know about the next generation of wireless access – Wi-Fi 6 is the latest wireless standard since 2013. Check out some of the potential benefits in this explainer.
- How to make an Android game for complete beginners – Think you can be the next big mobile indie developer? This complete guide will help you get started!
- In light of its potential price increase, who could be the next Xiaomi? – Xiaomi dethroned Oneplus and Huawei as the budget kings a while back, but who could be next in the wallet-friendly lineage?
Learn more on the Android Authority Podcast
On this week’s edition of the podcast we discuss the P30 Pro and the cool new Oppo Reno shark fin/pizza slice camera.
Want to receive the weekly podcast on your device? Subscribe using your favorite player below!
Who wants to win a Huawei P30 Pro?
Don’t miss these videos
That’s it, folks! We’ll have another giveaway and more top Android stories for you next week. To stay up to date on all things Android Authority in the meantime, be sure to subscribe to our newsletters at the link below.