Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
This week in Android: new Snapdragon processors, ugly camera bumps, and more
This week’s big news came out of Qualcomm’s Tech Summit in Hawaii, with the announcement of the Snapdragon 865 and Snapdragon 765 processors. Later in the week, Qualcomm also announced affordable 4G laptop and mixed reality chips, which could make their way into Chromebooks in the near future.
Samsung’s upcoming Galaxy S11 lineup is closer than ever, and it looks to be packing some impressive camera tech. The camera bump design on the S11 is somewhat controversial, but other phones don’t do much better. Plus, there are even more rumors swirling about a Galaxy Note 10 Lite.
Here are the top 10 Android stories of the week
- Motorola One Hyper hands-on: 64MP camera, 45W charging, and pop-up selfies — The Motorola One Hyper is a new phone aimed at offering great battery life and great cameras.
- Nokia 800 Tough review: The new indestructible Nokia — The Nokia 800 Tough is a super-durable feature phone running KaiOS with six-week standby time.
- What the Snapdragon 865 means for your next smartphone — The Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 promises lots of improvements, but what do these actually mean for your next phone?
- Qualcomm’s 7c and 8c chips would make a lot more sense on Chromebooks — Qualcomm’s new 7c and 8c laptop chipsets make a lot of sense for Chromebooks.
- Here are all the brands confirmed to offer Snapdragon 865, 765 phones — From Nokia to Xiaomi, here are all the brands who have confirmed plans for next-gen Snapdragon silicon.
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon review: A powerful business partner — The Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon is a great option thanks to an outstanding 4K display and incredible performance.
- Portable internet made simple, but not essential: Skyroam Solis X review — The Solis X is a portable hotspot that’s easy to use and convenient, but can end up being pretty expensive.
- Samsung Galaxy S11 Plus camera: Is it the weirdest looking multi-lens camera? — The Samsung Galaxy S11 Plus has a bizarre rear camera design, but which other phone cameras got hit with the ugly stick?
- 20 Chrome tips and tricks you should know about — These Chrome for Android tips and tricks shed light on features that could improve your browsing experience!
- Everything we know about the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite — Here’s what you can expect from the Note 10’s younger sibling.
Learn more on the Android Authority Podcast
This week on the podcast we talked about Sundar Pichai’s ascendence, Pablo Escobar’s new folding phone, the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon processors, and more!
Want to receive the weekly podcast on your device? Subscribe using your favorite player below!
Who wants to win a Google Pixel 4?
This week, we’re giving away a brand new Google Pixel 4 smartphone. Enter this week’s Sunday giveaway for your chance to win!
Don’t miss these videos
That’s it, folks! We’ll have another giveaway and more top Android stories for you next week. To stay up to date on all things Android Authority in the meantime, be sure to subscribe to our newsletters at the link below.