This week saw the Galaxy Fold pushed release pushed back, which came as little surprise after the serious issues encountered by reviewers. The phone repair website iFixit published ideas about what was behind the issues, but was eventually pressured by Samsung to take down the article. Huawei was once again mired in controversy over the P30 Pro’s ‘Moon Mode’, which appears to add details not present in pictures taken by the phone.
Our reviewers were very busy this week, pushing out reviews of the Huawei P30, the Xiaomi Black Shark 2 and Redmi 7, the Realmi 3 Pro, and a hands-on with the Meizu 16s. For those of you who love to snap pictures, we continued our camera review series with the LG G8 ThinQ and Nokia 9 PureView camera reviews. Neither managed to impress, which is surprising given the Nokia 9’s highly marketed five-camera setup.
Here are the top 10 Android stories of the week
- Huawei P30 review: High cost of entry — We loved the Huawei P30 Pro, but does its little brother live up to the same standard?
- Meizu 16s hands-on: A promising all-around flagship — This could be a great flagship thanks to its 48MP camera, full-screen display, and high performance.
- Now that I own $350 headphones, I know why people pay $350 for headphones — With headphones, the familiar phrase “you get what you pay for” rings true.
- Redmi Note 7 Pro vs Realme 3 Pro: Battle of the mid-rangers — The Realme 3 Pro is a formidable competitor for the Redmi Note 7. Find out which one comes out on top.
- Redmi 7 review: A suitable upgrade over the Redmi 6 — This entry-level device is more than capable of handling all the basics and more.
- From OnePlus 6T to OnePlus One: A week with a 5-year-old phone — The OnePlus One turned 5 this week. Can it still get the job done?
- The Game Boy helped me become who I am today, even if I never had one — For those of us of a certain age, the Game Boy holds a special place in our hearts.
- It’s 2019 and USB-C is still a mess — USB-C still can’t seem to live up to its promise of a one-size-fits-all cable.
- Solid-state batteries takes another step closer to our smartphones — New research could lead to longer lasting, higher capacity solid-state batteries.
- This is why 100MP smartphones seem like a terrible idea — More megapixels are always a good thing, right? Wrong.
Learn more on the Android Authority Podcast
On this week’s edition of the podcast we discuss the Samsung Galaxy Fold, the upcoming OnePlus 7, and the latest 5G news. Click below to start listening now!
Want to receive the weekly podcast on your device? Subscribe using your favorite player below!
Who wants to win an Honor View 20?
Don’t miss these videos
That’s it, folks! We’ll have another giveaway and more top Android stories for you next week. To stay up to date on all things Android Authority in the meantime, be sure to subscribe to our newsletters at the link below.