Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
This week in Android: Samsung Galaxy S20 FE, iPhone 12, and a Pixel 4 giveaway
We’re getting close to the time of year with plenty of fun device launches, that means there are plenty of fun leaks, rumors and speculation to go around. Let’s go for a stroll down Rumerville lane.
The Samsung Galaxy S20 Fan Edition may go by the name Galaxy S20 Lite, or just Galaxy S20 FE, and is poised to be a follow-up to the S10 Lite. The TLDR is that this new phone may launch very soon, and should contain specs and performance somewhere in between the Galaxy S20 and S20 Plus. If you’d like to know more, we gotchu:
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Fan Edition – everything we know so far
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Fan Edition leaked images
- Samsung announces likely Galaxy S20 FE launch event: All the info here!
Google is next on our list. We’re just a week and a half away from the expected announcement of the Google Pixel 5 and the Pixel 4a 5G, as we’ll be covering that extensively as it happens, let’s keep it short here today:
Looking for something a little different this time around? The Apple iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro are expected to be announced in mid-October. We speculate that it’s time for Apple to make some major changes to their phone line, but our speculation is as good as ours – join the conversation:
Here are the top Android stories of the week
- Take off — LG Wing is official: Everything you need to know about the swiveling phone
- In Beta? — New open beta for OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro includes September patch, bugfixes
- Coming soon — HUAWEI Mate 40 Pro: Everything we know so far and what we want to see
- Compact? — Sony Xperia 5 II: Everything you need to know about this compact powerhouse
- Wrist-wear — Apple unveils Watch Series 6 with blood oxygen monitoring
- Software matters — We asked, you told us: HUAWEI users would consider ditching EMUI for Harmony OS
- Save some dough — The best budget camera phones you can buy
- 5nm — Leak: Samsung is manufacturing the Qualcomm Snapdragon 875 chipset
- Security situation — We asked, you told us: You think the US has gone too far against HUAWEI
- However: — More HUAWEI sanctions go into effect from today. What does that mean?
- Camera smarts — Report: Samsung Galaxy F could be the firm’s new camera-first phone series
- New apps in our Android Apps Weekly — Google AdMob, Company of Heroes, Mousebusters, and more
From around the network
Deals of the week:
Google Pixel 4 international giveaway
Don’t miss these videos
That’s it, folks! We’ll have another giveaway and more top Android stories for you next week. To stay up to date on all things Android Authority in the meantime, be sure to subscribe to our newsletters at the link below.