We like the Sony Xperia 1 II.
In a departure from previous phones, Sony decided to implement some continuity with their latest phone and their popular camera lines. No, that doesn’t mean there is a monster camera sensor on the new Sony Xperia 1 II, but there are some serious controls for the three 12MP sensors that are installed. Set to 16mm, 24mm, and 70mm, the three sensors basically have a clean sweep from your ultra-wide shots up to your telephoto images.
You’ll find a headphone jack on this phone, which makes us very happy, and there is a dedicated dual-action camera button as well. Looking at this phone will be a little different, as they continue to offer a 21:9 aspect ratio. Being 6.5-inches and shaped excellently to watch those 21:9 movies is fun, but even better is the 4K resolution, making the Xperia 1 II one of the best phones around to watch movies on.
Plenty of other specs are top-tier or better on the Xperia 1 II. You’ll enjoy great performance, lots of storage space, water and dust resistance, solid battery life, and wireless charging. Check it out:
Here are the top 10 Android stories of the week
- Expectation vs reality — I wish the OnePlus 8 Pro was more like the Oppo Find X2 Pro
- Not too bad — These Google Pixel 5 renders don’t seem legit, but we’re keeping an open mind
- All that money — Phone prices have almost doubled over the past five years. Why is that?
- Some of that money — Rumor: Galaxy Note 20 series could launch at a lower price than the Note 10
- Musical beans — Samsung’s true wireless Galaxy Buds X edge closer to launch
- International incident? — Why India is boycotting Chinese apps and technology
- From the stars — What is Starlink? Elon Musk’s satellite internet service explained
- More streaming — Apple TV Plus: What is it? Should you get it? Everything you need to know
- iPad killer? — Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 Plus specs leak, teasing a huge battery, larger screen
- Nice cameras — These could be the first real-world pictures of the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
- Apps and more apps in our Android Apps Weekly — Mi Control Center, One-Punch Man, and more
From around the network
- Best drones for pet photography – from Drone Rush
- How to connect your gaming headset – from SoundGuys
- Best shotgun microphones – from SoundGuys
Deals of the week:
- Our pick for device deal of the week: 3 months of Sirius radio and an Echo Dot for $1!
- Our AA TechDeals deal of the week: Social distancing with Rosetta Stone for $199
OnePlus 8 international giveaway
Don’t miss these videos
That’s it, folks! We’ll have another giveaway and more top Android stories for you next week. To stay up to date on all things Android Authority in the meantime, be sure to subscribe to our newsletters at the link below.