Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
This week in Android: Pixel 4a and Note 20 coming soon, OnePlus 8 Pro giveaway
The big news of the week is leaks and rumors for upcoming devices. We think the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 is due in a few days, and we know the Google Pixel 4a is due tomorrow.
The Google Pixel 4a is shaping up to be a respectable mid-tier device, expected to come with a Snapdragon 730 chipset, 6GB of RAM, and a 5.8-inch display. What’s really important here is that the phone could cost as low as $349. Google is expected to release all the details on August 3rd, stay tuned!
The Samsung Galaxy Note 20 will not be a mid-tier device. Speculation is you’ll see double the RAM as the Pixel 4a, the top-end Snapdragon 865, or 865 Plus, and a nice big 6.7-inch display. Bump to 6.9-inch for the Note 20 Ultra. We’re looking forward to confirming all these details soon. The Samsung Galaxy Unpacked event is scheduled for August 5th, we hope Samsung will unveil the phone at the event. We also hope the price tag is not as big as we think it will be.
Don’t miss: OnePlus Nord full review!
Here are the top 10 Android stories of the week
- Another dirty marketing trick! — Headphones updates limited to certain phones — a cheap move by smartphone makers
- Like, “always” always? — OnePlus yet again teases always-on display in OxygenOS 11
- Will it bend? — Lenovo Flex 5G review: Insane battery life at a cost
- Diggin’ in the code — The OnePlus 8T and 8T Pro may feature 64MP cameras
- Apple vs OnePlus — We asked, you told us: The iPhone SE camera slaps the OnePlus Nord
- Is it fast enough? — Tested: The OnePlus Nord beats the 7T Pro at sustained performance
- Just unplug it? — Alexagate is a gloriously unnecessary tool to stop Amazon Echo from listening
- Taking all my data? — Google will automatically back up your Android phone for free
- Look and feel — Give me a great software skin over stock Android any day
- All the power! — ASUS ROG Phone 3 battery tested: Is it the new battery life champion?
- New apps in our Android Apps Weekly — Narcos: Idle Cartel, Guardian Tales, and more
From around the network
- Exploring DJI’s app vulnerabilities – from Drone Rush
- Why you should buy Bluetooth headphones – from SoundGuys
- How to record audio outside – from SoundGuys
Deals of the week:
- Our pick for device deal of the week: $144 off Surface Laptop 3
- Our AA TechDeals deal of the week: Car dash cam for $45
OnePlus 8 Pro international giveaway
This week, we’re giving away a brand new OnePlus 8 Pro smartphone. A little better than the Nord. Enter this week’s Sunday giveaway for your chance to win!
Don’t miss these videos
That’s it, folks! We’ll have another giveaway and more top Android stories for you next week. To stay up to date on all things Android Authority in the meantime, be sure to subscribe to our newsletters at the link below.