Survey says: The OnePlus 7T is better than the OnePlus 8! Sorry, that’s not quite what it says, but it looks like most of you would take the older 7T over the newer phone. Why is that? Could the answer be that some OnePlus 8 Pro units are suffering from green screen tint and black crush issues? Maybe you’re just worried because they are cutting tons of jobs in Europe? Oh, maybe it’s just the price.
Motorola isn’t dead. A name we don’t get to use enough around here, Motorola has announced a few new machines recently. We took some time with the Moto G Power and Moto G Stylus. Believe it or not, one of them has lots of power, the other has a stylus, but both cost less than $300!
More exciting, the new Motorola Edge Plus is what you might call a proper smartphone. Snapdragon 865 chipset, 5G connectivity, 12GB of RAM, and 256GB of internal storage are all on-par with current flagships, then Motorola packed in a headphone jack and a huge 5,000mAh battery. Nicely done!
Here are the top 10 Android stories of the week
- Big guns – Camera shootout: OnePlus 8 Pro vs Galaxy S20 Plus vs Huawei P40 Pro
- Standardize the bands? – T-Mobile’s 5G network expansion leaves Sprint customers behind
- Didn’t we just get #4? – Xiaomi Mi Band 5: Everything we know + What we want to see
- Cheap productivity – How to edit photos and video on a Chromebook
- Wait, didn’t we just get #4? – Thought the Mi Band 4 was cheap? An even cheaper Mi Band is coming.
- They know how to realme in – This phone delivers 5G and a 120Hz display for less than $300
- It ain’t free – Should Netflix, Disney Plus, and others really stop charging during COVID-19?
- Find your way – Have a Huawei or Honor Phone? This is your new Google Maps replacement.
- iPhone poll – We asked, you told us: An iPhone SE-style Android phone deeply divides AA readers
- Whatcha watchin’? – The 15 best Indian original series to watch on Netflix and Amazon Prime Video
- Apps and more apps in our Android Apps Weekly – FortNite Mobile, Mr Pumpkin 2 and more apps hit the market this week.
From around the network
- Common pilot mistakes – Drone Rush
- How to connect speakers to your TV – SoundGuys
- Headphone burn-in isn’t real – SoundGuys
Deals of the week:
- Our pick for device deal of the week: Best laptop deals, save $640
- Our AA TechDeals deal of the week: Learn to play the piano
Samsung Galaxy S20 international giveaway
Don’t miss these videos
That’s it, folks! We’ll have another giveaway and more top Android stories for you next week. To stay up to date on all things Android Authority in the meantime, be sure to subscribe to our newsletters at the link below.