Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
T-Mobile announces massive customer growth in 2014
T-Mobile has just released a quarterly and end-of-year numbers update, just before the company’s official Q4 numbers are due. All in all, T-Mobile has had a fantastic year in customer growth. In the year 2014, the company added 8.3 million new customers, 2.1 million of those customers were just in Q4. John Legere, T-Mobile’s CEO, comments:
While my competitors are hiding behind less valuable connected device subscriber additions and managing profit expectations to the downside, T-Mobile delivered over 2.1 million customers in Q4, while managing the balance between growth and profitability. Needless to say, 2014 was a record breaking year.
This all didn’t happen by accident, though. With the company’s Un-carrier initiative, they’ve absolutely done their part to shake up the wireless industry for the better, and we can tell other carriers are feeling the heat. The company has recently announced Data Stash, allowing users to rollover their unused data for an entire year, and a killer family plan with unlimited talk, text and data for only $100/month.
Here are some other stats T-Mobile included with the statement:
Preliminary Full Year 2014 Customer Highlights:
- 8.3 million total net customer additions
- 4.9 million branded postpaid net customer additions
- 4.0 million branded postpaid phone net customer additions
- 265 million people now covered by the nation’s fastest 4G LTE network
Preliminary Fourth Quarter 2014 Customer Highlights:
- 2.1 million total net customer additions
- 1.3 million branded postpaid net customer additions
- 1.0 million branded postpaid phone net customer additions
- 266,000 branded prepaid net customer additions
We can only imagine the growth won’t stop here as long as T-Mobile carries on with their Un-carrier plans.