Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
SwiftKey 4.4.2 update goes live today
The ever popular keyboard app SwiftKey is receiving another update, which goes live today. The latest version is 4.4.2, and mainly addresses irritating bugs and memory usage. The developers are also currently testing some new features in the public beta, which should arrive in a future update.
Here’s a list of the fixes in 4.4.2:
- Several memory and performance issues resolved
- Ice theme uses less RAM now
- Some force closes when loading languages
- Other force closes affecting different parts of the app
- Keyboard no longer jumps after unlocking the device with a password
- The bottom row is no longer hidden by the menu bar on some Motorola and Meizu devices (if you are experiencing this issue on other devices, we would really like to know so please tell us at support.swiftkey.net)
- Fixed some issues with SwiftKey Cloud sync
As usual, existing customers should receive a prompt to update automatically. If not just open up Google Play and check the “my apps” list.