Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
We asked, you told us: Who knew, Disney Plus is right on par with Hulu
The streaming service wars are in full swing. Netflix, Hulu, Disney Plus, and Amazon Prime Video are the biggest players in the game, all offering different vastly different content to subscribers. But which is the most popular?
Okay, I think we all know that Netflix is the most popular service, but where do the others fall? I asked you last week which services you subscribe to, and the results are actually pretty interesting. Check them out below.
Which streaming services do you use?
Out of 2,100 total votes, Netflix is by far the most popular streaming service amongst Android Authority readers, garnering 31% of the votes. No surprise there. Amazon Prime Video came in second with 21% of the votes. Surprisingly, Disney Plus managed to sneak into third place, receiving just six votes more than Hulu. After that, things drop off quite a bit. YouTube TV received only 6% of the votes, HBO Now received 4%, and 6% of voters said they don’t subscribe to any streaming services.
Note: I removed PlayStation Vue, Fubo TV, Sling TV, and DirecTV Now/AT&T TV Now as they made up less than 2% of the votes combined.
Here are some of the best comments from last week’s poll explaining why they voted the way that they did:
- Just Netflix at the moment, but considering cancelling it in favor of just disc. too many other non-streaming software subscriptions.
- Netflix and Amazon Prime Video since it’s included with Prime. Otherwise, I would only have Netflix.
- BBC iPlayer and all4. More than enough content on them to make paying for any other services completely unnecessary.
- I use Amazon and Hulu occasionally when shows I want to watch have new seasons on those services.Otherwise its Netflix. Any more than that and I might as well have cable.
- I’m on Hulu, Disney+, and Netflix currently.Mind you, I’ve got the $2 tier Netflix via T-Mobile, the $2 a month Hulu special (We were under the dollar a month for a year through my wife the last year) and I just subbed to Disney+ yesterday for the one year sub discount rate. Shop smart!
- I’ll icebreak the awkward answer in case there’s still a few of us pirates- piracy is the only service that provides all the shows super conveniently without having to buy into every single legit service.
That’s it for this week, everyone. As always, thanks for voting, thanks for the comments, and don’t forget to let us know what you thought of the results below!