Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Factory images and OTA links for the September Android security patch are now live (Update: Nexus Player)
Google might be a little late this month, but the day’s finally here. Factory images and OTA files for the September Android security patch are now available for supported devices.
Factory images and OTA files have been posted for the Google Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel C, Nexus 6P, and Nexus 5X for Android 8.0.0 Oreo. We’re also seeing security patches for the Nexus 6, Nexus 9 Wi-Fi, and Nexus 9 LTE for Android 7.1.1 Nougat. No new images are available for the Nexus Player yet.
- Google Pixel – OPR3.170623.007 (factory image, OTA)
- Google Pixel XL – OPR3.170623.007 (factory image, OTA)
- Google Pixel C – OPR1.170623.026 (factory image, OTA)
- Nexus 6P – OPR6.170623.017 (factory image, OTA)
- Nexus 5X – OPR4.170623.006 (factory image, OTA)
- Nexus Player – OPR6.170623.021 (factory image, OTA)
- Nexus 6 – NGI55D (factory image, OTA)
- Nexus 9 (Wi-Fi) – N9F27L (factory image, OTA)
Note that there are a few different versions of the Pixel, Pixel XL, and Nexus 9, so make sure you’re downloading the correct file for your device.
If you’ve never manually installed a factory image or OTA on your device, be sure to check out our guide on how to do so. We’ve also been hearing reports that the September security patch has been rolling out to devices already, so if you aren’t keen on sideloading, you probably won’t need to wait much longer for the update to hit your device.
Wondering what’s new in the September security patch? Google has just released its new Android Security Bulletin, which you can find right here.