Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE finally gets stable One UI 5 update
Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE update hub. Here you’ll find the latest information on updates to Samsung’s budget flagship. We’ll detail the current software versions for the device and alert you if there’s a new update rolling out. Samsung usually pushes out One UI updates regularly, but availability may be affected by variant, carrier, and region.
- Current stable version: Android 12
- When will the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE get Android 13? March 2023 (Estimated)
Latest Samsung Galaxy S20 FE updates
The Android 13 update weighs in at roughly 1.9GB and has firmware version G780FXXUAEVK3. It’s believed that the update is available in Russia right now, but it’ll likely available in other markets in the coming days.
To check if an update is available on your Galaxy S20 FE, head to Settings > Software updates.
Previous Samsung Galaxy S20 FE updates
- October 6, 2022: Samsung started pushing the October 2022 security patch to the Galaxy S20 FE, SamMobile reported. The update has firmware version G781BXXU4FVI4 and initially landed in Europe.
- September 7, 2022: Samsung has now pushed out the September 2022 security patch to the Galaxy S20 FE 5G. The update has firmware version number G781BXXU4FVI1 and is landing in Europe right now, according to SamMobile.
- July 7, 2022: Samsung pushed out the July 2022 security patch to Galaxy S20 FE devices. The update was reportedly pushed out to both 4G and 5G models and had firmware versions G780GXXS3CVF3 and G781BXXS4FVF3. The update first landed in Europe, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, and Vietnam.
- June 14, 2022: Various Galaxy S20 FE models started receiving the June 2022 security patch. The 4G model in particular received firmware version G780GXXU3CVE7 in Australia, Malaysia, the Philippines, and Vietnam.
- May 12, 2022: Samsung has started rolling out the May 2022 security update to carrier-unlocked Galaxy S20 FE devices in the US. The software bears firmware version G781U1UES7EVD4.
- April 12, 2022: Samsung is now rolling out the April 2022 security patch for the Galaxy S20 FE in some markets. The latest software reportedly comes with firmware version G780GXXS3CVC4 and includes fixes for more than 80 security issues. It is currently going out to Galaxy S20 FE devices in Australia, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, and Vietnam. However, other regions should also see the OTA soon enough.
- March 24, 2022: Samsung rolled out One UI 4.1 for the Galaxy S20 FE with a fix for the game throttling issue and the March 2022 security patch. The update also included the new Smart Widget feature, expanded RAM Plus function, Night Mode for portraits, and more.
- February 23, 2022: The Samsung Galaxy S20 FE and S20 FE 5G both got the February security patch with firmware version G780GXXS3BVB3 for the regular model and G781BXXS4DVB1 for the 5G variant.
- February 2, 2022: A few weeks after European nations welcomed the January 2022 security patch, those in the US gained access to it too. Per SamMobile, carrier-locked versions of the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE received the January security patch with firmware version G781USQS6EVA9.
- January 19, 2022: Samsung rolled out a new update to the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G variant. According to SamMobile, many European nations gained firmware version G781BXXS4DVA2, which included the January 2022 security patch.
- December 28, 2021: Samsung began the surprisingly early rollout of Android 12-based One UI 4 to its affordable flagship.
- December 23, 2021: Samsung pushed the December 2021 security update to Galaxy S20 FE devices, starting in Spain. According to SamMobile, the update brought firmware version G781BXXS4CUL3 and included patches for more than 40 vulnerabilities, seven of which were marked as critical. The update was a little short on new features, though.
- October 4, 2021: Samsung rolled out the October 2021 security patch with firmware G781BXXS4CUI1.