As expected, the Samsung Galaxy J3 and J7 are now available in the US through select carriers:
- AT&T offers the Galaxy J3 for $209, or $7 a month for 30 months.
- Verizon has the Galaxy J3 for $168 or $7 a month for 24 months. Prepaid users can get it even cheaper for just $124.99.
- Sprint (and prepaid carrier Boost) will offer both models, though with slightly altered names. The J7 Refine will cost $288, while the J3 Achieve will cost $192.
- Samsung has announced that the 2018 editions of its Galaxy J3 and J7 budget phones will be released in the US in “early June.”
- The Galaxy J3 will have a 5-inch display, while the J7 will have a larger 5.5-inch screen, and both will have big camera improvements.
- Pricing for both phones have yet to be revealed.
Samsung is getting ready to roll out two new versions of its budget-themed J phones to the US. In a press release, the company said that the 2018 editions of the Galaxy J3 and Galaxy J7 phones will go on sale sometime in “early June,” which means we can expect them any day now.
Samsung Galaxy J3 (2018)
The 2017 editions of the Galaxy J3 and J7 were priced at $149.99 and $219.99 respectively when they went on sale in late July of last year. So far, Samsung has yet to reveal pricing for the 2018 editions, but we expect them to be priced close to last year’s versions.
Samsung Galaxy J7 (2018)
Today’s press release also had only a few details on each phone’s hardware specs. The new Galaxy J3 will have a 5-inch HD display, along with a 5MP F2.2 aperture front-facing camera and an 8MP F1.9 aperture rear camera.
The new Galaxy J7 will have a 5.5-inch HD display, along with a 13MP F1.9 aperture front-facing camera and a 13MP F1.7 aperture rear camera. The camera on both phones should be huge improvements compared to the ones on the 2017 Galaxy J3 and J7 phones. Both devices are also supposed to have large batteries, but specifics were not revealed.
That’s all we know so far about the 2018 Samsung Galaxy J3 and J7 but we will update this post with more information as we get it.