Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
We asked, you told us: The great left vs right vs back pocket debate
We’re here to ask the tough questions — the questions no one else is asking around the internet.
We had a bit of an internal debate here at Android Authority last week about which pocket is the right… ahem… correct pocket to keep your phone in. We asked you the same question this past week to get your thoughts.
Do you keep your phone in your left, right, or back pocket?
Out of over 2,800 total votes, 47.5% of readers said they keep their phone in their right pocket, while 41.3% keep their phone in their left pocket. We have a clear winner!
Only 7.8% keep their phone in their back pocket, while 3.4% don’t keep their phone in their pocket at all.
Here are some of the best comments from last week’s poll explaining why they voted the way that they did:
- I’m left-handed and the left pocket is the fastest and easiest. Phone is only thing in that pocket, right pocket has all kinds of other stuff.
- and the screen facing my leg! lots of dumb people leave the screen facing out, its easy to break
- Surprised by this. Figured most would say left.
- Usually keep my phone in my left jacket pocket. My keys and other stuff in my right jacket pocket.
- Left handed and keep phone solo in right front pocket. Sometimes in a holster type pouch on my right side.
That’s it for this week, everyone. As always, thanks for voting, thanks for the comments, and don’t forget to let us know what you thought of the results below!