Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Pebble Time gets new settings and app features
If you have jumped on the Pebble Time bandwagon, you’ll be glad to know that the company has today issued a firmware update that brings the smartwatch to version number 3.2 and add a range of new features while the companion Android app has also been updated with new options and tweaks.
The new firmware update for the smartwatch brings a range of new settings (for the backlight, font size and vibration settings) as well as support for additional music players and the more. The changelog full changelog is:
- New Backlight settings: Adjust intensity and time-out duration.
- New Font Size settings: Adjust the displayed font size in notifications, layouts, and other areas of the system.
- New Vibration settings: Adjust the vibration strength for notifications, incoming calls, alerts, etc. Default vibration setting is less strong than the previous default.
- Music (Android): Added support for most music players (e.g. Pandora, Spotify, Songza), improved display of track metadata, play/pause detection (app now displays separate pause and play icons to match current playback status).
- Notifications: A collection of improvements and fixes to enhance the notifications experience, including a new Dismiss All action.
- Bug fixes and stability improvement
The Android companion app has also been updated, bringing a couple of new UI features and a tweak to notification replies. The release notes include:
- NEW: Search bar to find saved apps and watchfaces in your My Pebble menu.
- NEW: Notification preferences are now preserved after updating the Android app to a new version.
- IMPROVED: Support for setting up long canned replies to notifications.
To update your smartwatch, head to Menu > Support > Update your Pebble within the Pebble Time App for Android and the latest version of Pebble’s app can be found on the Google Play Store here. If you’re not considering the Pebble Time but haven’t quite decided if it’s the right smartwatch for you, don’t forget to check our Pebble Time review.
Have you got the Pebble Time firmware update? What do you think? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!