Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro finally get stable Android 12 with Oxygen OS 12
Welcome to the OnePlus 7 series update hub. Here you’ll find the latest information on updates to the OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 7. We’ll detail the current software versions for each device and alert you if there’s a new update rolling out. OnePlus usually pushes out updates to Oxygen OS the OnePlus 7 Pro and 7 together, but availability may differ across regions.
- Current stable version: Android 12
- Will the OnePlus 7 get Android 13? Most likely not
Latest OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 7 updates
October 7, 2022: Oxygen OS 12 — based on Android 12 — is now rolling out to the OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 7 (via XDA-Developers). This update has been a long time coming for OnePlus 7 users. It is most likely the final major Android upgrade the phones will receive.
Because this is a new Android upgrade, the changelog is massive. See the changelog below.
- Newly added Smart Battery Engine, a feature that prolongs your battery life based on smart algorithms and biomimetic self-restoration technology
- Redesigns app icons using new materials to give more depth and a greater sense of space and texture to the icons
- Revamps the page layout based on the principle of reducing visual noise and optimizes the presentation of text and color to make key information stand out
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Optimized spam block rules: Adds a rule for blocking MMS messages
- Newly added the HyperBoost end-to-end frame rate stabilizer
- Newly added Voice effect preview to allow you to record your voice effect or check your voice effect in real time
- Dark mode
- Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- New additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Work Life Balance
- Work Life Balance feature is now available to all users, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- WLB 2.0 now supports automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Gallery now allows you to switch between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD
- Canvas AOD brings you new diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
- Optimized categorization of functions by grouping them into vision, hearing, interactive actions, and general
- TalkBack supports more system apps including Photos, Phone, Mail, and Calendar
As always, this update will be rolled out via OTA incrementally. Don’t be too concerned if you haven’t yet received it. To check if an update is available, head to Settings > System > System updates on your device.
Previous OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 7 updates
- February 24, 2022: Oxygen OS 22.214.171.124 is now rolling out to the OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 7 (via XDA-Developers). The update doesn’t have much to it. The February 2022 Android security patch is there, but the only other thing is a mysterious “improved system stability” note.
- October 29, 2021: Oxygen OS 126.96.36.199 is now rolling out to the OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 7. The update most notably fixes an annoying bug in which the call screen wouldn’t show up immediately as the phone started ringing. It also brings the October security patch and some miscellaneous stability improvements.
- August 30, 2021: Oxygen OS 188.8.131.52 is now rolling out to the OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 7. The update brings the Bitmoji AOD feature to the phones. It also adds the latest August security patch to the devices, the ability to take screenshots of Always-On Display, and NFC stability optimizations.
- July 27, 2021: OnePlus rolled out Oxygen OS 184.108.40.206 to the OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 7. The update focused on improving system performance rather than introducing new features. To this end, it improved power consumption, fixed overheating issues, optimized camera stability, and more. Additionally, the update also included the June 2021 Android security patch.
- May 22, 2021: Oxygen OS 220.127.116.11 rolled out. It fixed Google Fi SIM issues, improved the performance of Shelf and Gallery apps, and fixed several issues with the Phone and Camera. The patch also included the May 2021 Android security patch.
- April 16, 2021: A hotfix, namely Oxygen OS 18.104.22.168, rolled out to the OnePlus 7 series. It fixed issues with the initial Oxygen OS 11 stable build.