Welcome to the OnePlus 7 series update hub. Here you’ll find the latest information on updates to the OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 7. We’ll detail the current software versions for each device and alert you if there’s a new update rolling out. OnePlus usually pushes out updates to Oxygen OS the OnePlus 7 Pro and 7 together, but availability may differ across regions.
- Current stable version: Android 11
- When will the OnePlus 7 get Android 12? 2022 (Estimated)
Latest OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 7 updates
August 30, 2021: Oxygen OS 126.96.36.199 is now rolling out to the OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 7. The update brings the Bitmoji AOD feature to the phones. It also adds the latest August security patch to the devices, the ability to take screenshots of Always-On Display, and NFC stability optimizations.
See the changelog below.
- Optimized the stability of NFC feature
- Upgraded Android Security Patch to 2021.08
- Ambient Display
- Newly added the screenshot feature for ambient display
- Newly added Bitmoji clock, co-designed with Snapchat, which will liven up the ambient display with your personal Bitmoji avatar. Your avatar will update throughout the day based on your activity and things happening around you ( Path: Settings – Customization – Clock on ambient display – Bitmoji)
- OnePlus Store
- An intuitive and convenient way to manage your OnePlus account, get easy-to-access support, discover exciting members-only benefits, and shop for OnePlus products. (Please note that it can be uninstalled)
As always, this update will be rolled out via OTA incrementally. Don’t be too concerned if you haven’t yet received it. To check if an update is available, head to Settings > System > System updates on your device.
Previous OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 7 updates
- July 27, 2021: OnePlus rolled out Oxygen OS 188.8.131.52 to the OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 7. The update focused on improving system performance rather than introducing new features. To this end, it improved power consumption, fixed overheating issues, optimized camera stability, and more. Additionally, the update also included the June 2021 Android security patch.
- May 22, 2021: Oxygen OS 184.108.40.206 rolled out. It fixed Google Fi SIM issues, improved the performance of Shelf and Gallery apps, and fixed several issues with the Phone and Camera. The patch also included the May 2021 Android security patch.
- April 16, 2021: A hotfix, namely Oxygen OS 220.127.116.11, rolled out to the OnePlus 7 series. It fixed issues with the initial Oxygen OS 11 stable build.
- March 25, 2021: The first stable Oxygen OS 11 build rolled out to the OnePlus 7 series. It brought several improvements to the UI, Game Space, camera, Shelf, and Gallery. It also included the February 2021 security patch, per the changelog.
- January 20, 2021: The first Oxygen OS 11 beta arrived with a host of improvements and changes. Tweaks to the camera, Ambient Display, Dark Mode, Shelf, Gallery, and more were front and center.
- November 25, 2020: Oxygen OS 10.0.10 (10.3.7 in India) brought touch-ups to the status bar and Phone app. Also included in the update was the November security patch for Android and the August GMS update. It would be the last stable update before users got a taste of Android 11.
- October 22, 2020: Oxygen OS 10.0.9 (10.3.6 in India) made its debut. It brought with it the same changelog as the previous version.
- October 1, 2020: Oxygen OS 10.0.8 (10.3.5 in India) arrived on the OnePlus 7 series. It brought improvements to system power consumption, patched various system stability issues, and added Android’s security update for September.