Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
What we learned from the Nothing Phone 1 video: Light-up back, StockX exclusive
- A new official documentary video gives away some secrets of the Nothing Phone 1.
- The phone will have a light-up back and will also be a StockX exclusive, likely for a limited time.
- This video is part of a new series, so we should find out even more soon.
Nothing’s Carl Pei, formerly of OnePlus, is no stranger to making documentaries about what goes on at his place of business. What worked for OnePlus should work for Nothing, right? It seems that way because Nothing posted the first part of a self-promoting documentary series earlier today.
The video is actually kind of boring, spending a full seven minutes showing Nothing employees getting ready for work. Eventually, things do get interesting, though, and you get to see the Nothing Phone 1.
Despite Nothing’s attempts to cover up the details, the video gives away a few notable secrets:
- 8:03 — The Nothing Phone 1 has a light-up back. You can clearly see that the phone lights up in the man’s hands here. The light appears to follow the trajectory of the mysterious symbol Carl Pei showed off when he announced the phone’s existence. Someone in the background exclaims “OK. Oh wow. Wow.”
- 9:29 — Nina Scott, Nothing’s Senior Influencer Manager, reveals that StockX might be part of the launch of the phone. Scott says this would make sense since it will be the very first place you can buy the phone. StockX is a buyers/sellers marketplace similar to eBay but for high-level items that are vetted. It’s likely the first Nothing phone will be sold there first for a limited time and in limited quantities.
- 14:46 — You can see an unblurred shot of the phone in Carl Pei’s hands here.
Obviously, this is just the first video in a small series. It’s likely the next videos will give away little tidbits as well. Stay tuned.