Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Here's when your Nothing Phone 1 will get the first taste of Android 13
- Nothing says that Phone 1 users will get the Android 13 beta before the end of this year.
- A stable version should release in early 2023.
- It has also released a new camera-focused update for the device along with the September security patch.
Nothing is rolling out a new update to the Phone 1 with several camera and system improvements in tow. But before we tell you about all the optimizations that the new Nothing OS 1.1.4 delivers, here’s what the company has to say about the Android 13 release on the Phone 1:
While we are working around the clock, we won’t rush on updates at the expense of user experience. This also applies to Nothing OS based on Android 13, of which we aim to ship a beta version by the end of the year, with a full release in early 2023.
So the good news is that those of you with a Nothing Phone 1 will be able to get a taste of Android 13 before the year closes. That means Nothing’s previously promised Android 13 release for the first half of 2023 should still be on track.
Back to the latest update, the Nothing Phone 1 is now receiving the September security patch. You should also see improvements to images taken from the ultrawide camera, night mode shots, and selfie portraits. Read the complete changelog below.
- New option to add a Nothing-themed watermark to the camera app.
- Improved ultrawide camera colour calibration and increased color consistency between main and ultrawide sensors.
- New motion detection algorithm added for improved stability when shooting moving objects.
- Increased shooting speed when using HDR in ultrawide mode.
- Night mode shots are true-to-life with increased color accuracy.
- Sharper, more naturally bright portraits shot on the front camera.
- New option to flip the 3-button navigation bar.
- Now supports LHDC high-definition audio.
- Updated to September Security Patch.
- Reduced battery consumption for Always On Display and other use cases.
- Improved thermal performance.
- New UI for system updates.
- Improved Face Unlock algorithm.
- Additional general bug fixes.