Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Nokia 8 launched in India; goes on sale starting October 14
After launching three budget and mid-range smartphones, HMD Global finally launched the long anticipated, Nokia 8, the company’s first flagship smartphone in India.
The Nokia 8 is company’s first smartphone to sport imaging setup from ZEISS as well as audio experience by OZO Audio. OZO Audio is found in 360-degree VR cameras used in Hollywood, and is a first for mobile. It features multiple microphones to capture high dynamic range and record binaural audio, which gives the videos high-fidelity stereo sound.
It packs in a dual 13 MP rear camera setup that combines a color and monochrome sensor, shots from which are combined into a single shot with greater contrast. The front 13 MP front camera includes auto-focus and actually utilizes the same camera module as the rear configuration. There’s also the first ever ‘Dual-sight Live’ feature that allows you to simultaneously shoot/record/broadcast from front and rear cameras, a feature that the company calls ‘Bothie’.
Millennials, today, are always exploring new ways to create and share content. It’s these creative content creators who inspired us to craft a smartphone with them in mind. That’s why we’ve worked to bring three world firsts – the debut collaboration with ZEISS, OZO spatial 360° Audio, and real-time live streaming using Dual-Sight mode.– Ajey Mehta, Vice President – India, HMD Global
Nokia 8 Specifications
- Operating System: Android 7.1.1 Nougat | Android Oreo ‘coming soon’
- Display: 5.3-inch Quad HD (2560 x 1440) IPS LCD | 554 ppi | 700 nits | 2.5D Corning Glass
- Processor: Snapdragon 835 MSM8998 (4 x 2.45 GHz Qualcomm Kryo + 4 x 1.8 GHz Kryo) | Adreno 540 GPU
- RAM: 4 GB
- Internal Storage: 64 GB; expandable up to 256 GB with microSD card
- Rear camera: 13 MP (Color + OIS) + 13 MP (Mono) with ZEISS optics | 1.12 μm | f/2.0 aperture | 76.9-degree view | PDAF | Dual-tone flash
- Front camera: 13 MP | PDAF | 1.12 μm | f/2.0 aperture | 78.4-degree view | Display flash
- Battery: 3,090 mAh | Quick Charge 3.0
- Dimensions: 151.5 x 73.7 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 160 g
Priced at ₹36,999 ($566), the Nokia 8 is available in four color variants – Polished Blue, Polished Copper, Tempered Blue, and Steel (Three at the time of launch, and the copper one would be available after a few weeks). The device will go on sale across offline stores and online on Amazon.in starting October 14. Jio customers will get up to 100 GB additional 4G data on Nokia 8 – an additional 10 GB Jio 4G data with every recharge of ₹309 or above, limited to 10 recharges till August 31, 2018.
HMD Global also shared that Nokia 8 consumers will have access to special Nokia Mobile Care concierge service in 50 cities across the country which would include door-step pick-up and delivery for any after-sales support services.
What do you think of the Nokia 8, and it’s pricing? Tell us in the comments!