Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
We asked, you told us: Here's what you want most from a Motorola Razr 3
Samsung’s Galaxy Z Flip phones are widely considered to be the best clamshell foldables, but the Motorola Razr series are alternatives as well. However, a Lenovo executive confirmed last month that the Motorola Razr 3 is coming in 2022.
How should Motorola improve the upcoming foldable though? We asked Android Authority readers what they wanted to see from the next Razr, and here’s how that poll went.
What do you want to see from the Motorola Razr 3?
The poll was posted inside our Motorola Razr 3 news article on December 24, accruing over 1,400 votes until now. And it turns out that the thing people wanted to see most from the new foldable was a competitive price, with just over a quarter of respondents voting for this option.
We can definitely understand why people would choose this, as the Razr 5G launched at a pretty substantial $1,400. That’s expensive when you look at the spec sheet, featuring a mid-range processor, 60Hz screen, single rear camera, and small battery. It’s also expensive compared to the Galaxy Z Flip 3, which launched at $999.
More reading: The best foldable phones you can buy right now
The second most popular option was a tougher foldable screen, with ~23% of voters choosing this. Motorola’s previous foldables lack ultra-thin glass, so hopefully the Razr 3 brings this and more display durability tweaks to the table.
Rounding out the top three is a big battery, with almost 16% of polled readers saying they want a capacious battery pack. Otherwise, flagship power (~15%), a great camera (8.5%), water resistance (6.8%), and other (~5.6%) made up the rest.
In terms of “other,” we also asked people to leave a comment with what they wanted to see. Some of the picks mentioned in the comments include software updates, wireless charging, storage expansion, and a bigger screen.
- ScubaMntMonkey: I don’t think it needs to have flagship power, but upper midrange would be good – the (or equivalent to) the latest SD700/870 & 6 to 8 GB of memory, & hopefully expandable with MicroSD. A tougher screen is a given with a foldable. A good camera & battery also should be expected in upper mid/high end phones.
- Mickey Strange: 1. Cameras, 2. Chipset, 3. Price, 4. Software Updates, 5. Screen, 6. Speakers, 7. Water resistance, 8. Battery life, 9. Discount on trade-in from 5G razr Gen 2, 10. You have this really cool looking holding stand…make it the charger., 11. Someone please make a rubber case that fits over the phone for better grip.
- Eddie Osnard: I’m using the gold Razr 5g for a year now, and I’m perfectly happy with its design, battery, and processor. It lasts 2-3 days for me. All I would like is a little bigger screen, and wireless charging. Never liked Samsung Fold, and even at its $999 price, was considering buying a second Razr a month ago for same price.
- Jc Coello: Simple… Provide what Samsung is not giving on their foldable phones: memory expansion, keep the large screen on the outside and give the market a very competitive price…and just improve any lacking aspect from the current gen as much as possible, but knowing the current Motorola, this won’t happen and they will mess up as usual :)
- Martin Currie: Lack of Wireless charging stopped Me buying the 3rd gen, went for the zfold3 instead, had the original 1st gen one back in the day and loved it but don’t get why any phone manufacturer would even consider making a phone without Wireless charging these days. Hopefully by the time I need to change again, they will have their act together.
Thanks for voting in our poll and for leaving a comment! What do you want to see from the Motorola Razr 3? Give us your wishlist below.