Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes: Universe in Peril fights its way to the Play Store
After its launch in 2013 on numerous gaming consoles, LEGO Marvel Super Heroes: Universe in Peril has finally made its way to Google Play. If you’re new to the LEGO/Marvel mash-up, the game features an all-new storyline set in the Marvel universe where you’ll get to play as a number of your favorite Marvel characters. In fact, the game lets you play as over 91 different characters. Your aim is to defeat Loki and a host of other villains before they create a super-weapon that can destroy the world.
If you thought the console version of this game was pretty lengthy, fear not. Marvel and Warner Brothers have shortened each stage down to easy-to-play pieces, so you won’t need to allow yourself a ton of time whenever you pick up the game. You’ll even be able to switch between “console” and “touch screen” controls so you can play whichever way suits you best.
Here are all of the features the game provides:
- Over 91 playable characters, such as Iron Man, Spider-Man, Captain America, Wolverine, and more can be unlocked as you progress through the game. Select character families can be accessed at any time through purchase via our in-game store.
- Complete 45 action-packed missions as you chase down Cosmic Bricks across key locations from the Marvel Universe
- Battle enemies using super power abilities such as flight, super strength and invisibility.
- Use fast-paced combat moves and activate Super Moves like Hulk’s Thunder Clap and Iron Man’s Arc Reactor.
- Complete challenges and earn rewards.
- Switch between “Console” and “Touch Screen” controls to find the play-style that suits you best.
Just like its console counterpart, LEGO Marvel Super Heroes: Universe in Peril has tons of long cutscenes. And unfortunately, while that makes for an entertaining game, it will take up a lot of room on your device. Specifically, 2.2GB if you download directly from the Play Store, or only 1.1GB if you download to your computer then sync it with your mobile device.
The game costs $4.99 and has some in-app purchases that let you unlock characters early. If you’re interested in downloading the game, head to the Play Store link below.