Looking for full control over your brand new Samsung Galaxy S3? In less than ten minutes, you can safely root your brand new Galaxy S3 using the desktop program Odin. Interested? Let’s begin the process.
- First you will need to download Odin. This is a desktop program that transfers to your phone the files necessary for root. Get it here.
- Next, you will need to download the root package. Find it here.
- Unzip the attached Odin.zip file using winzip or similar utility
- Unzip the CF-Root-SGS3-vX.X.zip
- Start Odin by clicking the .exe file
- Click the PDA button, and select CF-Root-SGS3-vX.X.tar
- Put your phone in download mode (turn off phone, then hold volume-down + home + power to boot – if it asks you to press a button to continue, press the listed button)
- (USB) Connect the phone to your computer
- Make sure Repartition is NOT checked
- Click the Start button
- Wait for Android to boot
Your Galaxy S3 will boot into ClockworkMod Recovery, just wait out the process, as it will reboot once again.
You will then be able to identify the SU app in your app drawer, meaning you have gained successful root.
Watch our video below for step-by-step instructions.