Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
We asked, you told us: Here's how many smartphones you own
Many people own a single smartphone. With this lone pocket companion, they communicate with others and manage their digital lives. But some might need more than one device to do this or have multiple smartphones in their possession.
In a recent poll, we asked Android Authority readers to divulge how many smartphones they own. Here’s what they told us.
How many smartphones do you own?
This poll really got readers voting and talking. We tallied more than 2,200 votes, and the results are relatively evenly spread. The majority of readers — more than one in every three, in fact — own just one smartphone. Over 28% of readers admit to owning two smartphones. This proved the second most popular option. Interestingly, more than 22% of readers own more than four smartphones.
See also: What phones do the Android Authority team use as daily drivers?
The comments paint an interesting picture, too. Although nearly 65% of readers own at least two smartphones, most readers own multiple devices but stick to one primary smartphone for their daily needs. Others seem to split specific workloads between multiple devices. Peruse more anecdotes from readers below.
Here’s what you told us
- Eminem’s Ghostwriter: I only need 1 phone, that’s why I need to make sure it meets all my needs, I normally just give my old phone away once I upgrade to a new phone.
- roaduardo: I’m better these days. I used to be a tart when it came to keeping several phones around. Just 2 now. One iOS, one Android.
- HelloThere: My Galaxy S21 Ultra as my main device, as well as my secondary OnePlus 7 Pro, then my iPhone XR, and then my Pixel 4a. I also have older phones, but these are the four I mainly use.
- Farhan Ahmad Tajuddin: I currently have three active smartphones with me. I use my Microsoft Lumia 950 that I bought back in September last year as my daily driver, while I have my dad’s old Samsung Galaxy Note 4 for custom ROM experiment as I have completely deGoogled it and now running Havoc-OS Android 10 custom ROM. I also have a V50 with its DualScreen case as a companion for my Lumia 950 mainly for mobile entertainment and WhatsApp use.
- jdrch: 3: Note9, Pixel 3 XL, and Galaxy S5.
- Mitchell Rome Nabors II: I have my daily driver, OnePlus 8T. Then my “just in case” phone, OnePlus 5T left over from when I originally came to AT&T. Since that phone I’ve had as many as 3 phones a few years ago.
- Richard Durishin: I have two active SIMS – one in a Duo and one in a V60. I also have a G8 – which I have used for streaming through my HiFi because of the MQA DAC, all my Windows phones and my original S/E P910a, one of the first smartphones you could buy in the USA.
- Jupiter: I have older phones in drawers around the house. I would say like 10 in total.
- essgeewhy: I have 3 phones, Pixel 5 is my daily driver, Pixel 4XL as secondary/backup and an Essential PH-1 for use with my Mavic Mini.
- Paul Russell: I have two daily drivers, OnePlus 6T & Samsung Galaxy S10E, and a old HUAWEI Y7 as spare. I also have a Nokia 2 but I don’t use it for anything even though it still works.
- Roberto Suarez: I have 3 phones. First is my banking phone. I always use the newest phone I got for banking. Second is my business+daily phone. The last year phone model. Use for electronic loyalty card, electronic payment (non banking payment system), WhatsApp, Line, WeChat. Third is my other phone. Use for other than those 2 above.
That’s it for this poll. Thanks for your votes and comments. If you have any thoughts about the results or further anecdotes about the smartphones you own, drop them in the comments below.