Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Google Pixel 6a factory images and OTAs are available now
- The first factory images and OTAs for the newly released Google Pixel 6a are now available to download.
- The images also confirm the phone had the internal codename “bluejay”.
- The first update for the phone will be released in early August.
After months of previews and leaks, the Google Pixel 6a is finally officially available to the general public. Along with its release, some owners of the budget-themed smartphone can now download the factory images direct from Google.
Read more: Google Pixel 6a review
The images (via 9to5Google) are based on Android 12.1 and are labeled “June 2022”. They are mainly for owners who want to restore their phones to their original state if they encounter any problems. Currently, the images are for Verizon and Verizon MVNO phones, along with phones for Japan-based wireless carriers. We will update this post when more images are released for other versions of the phones.
- Pixel 6a (Verizon, Verizon MVNOs) — Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 6a (JP carriers) — Factory Image — OTA
9to5Google also reports that the first software update for the Pixel 6a will come with the Pixel August security release, which should happen as soon as next week. One other interesting thing is that the factory images confirm that the internal code name for the Pixel 6a at Google was “bluejay”