The Google Calendar app for Android is getting a pretty significant update in the next few days. The new update brings a few much-needed features and improvements like a new 7-day week view, pinch-to-zoom, the ability to add Google Drive files to events and many more. Here’s a full changelog for the new update:
- See more events at a glance with 7-day week view and pinch-to-zoom
- Add Google Drive files to events. Drive will even check if everyone can open them
- Control whether birthdays from Google+ are shown in settings. You’ll also see the same changes on the web next week
- A new option to show week numbers in settings
- Import .ics files sent to you in Gmail and other apps
Specifically, the 7-day week view should be a welcome change to most users since Google previously got rid of the full month view in the smartphone version of the app. If you’re interested in checking it out, the new view can be accessed in the settings menu. Moreover, pinch-to-zoom functionality is another great enhancement. Now you can see more events in the 7-day week view, but unfortunately the feature isn’t available for any other calendar views in the app.
Google says the update is rolling out now and should reach everyone in the next few days. If you’d like to check for your update, head to the Google Play Store link below.