Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Gionee S9 announced with dual-rear camera setup and 2.5D display
Gionee has unveiled the Gionee S9 at an event in China. The Chinese manufacturer’s new smartphone arrives with dual 13 MP and 5 MP rear cameras (developed by Sony and Samsung respectively), 4 GB of RAM and an octa-core Helio P10 processor.
Gionee looks like it has taken cues from the iPhone with the design of the S9 from the front, with the soft corners, volume controls, and sensor setup followingly closely to that of Apple’s flagship product. What sets it apart is 2.5D curved glass display.
Check out the Gionee S9 specs below:
- 5.5-inch (1920 × 1080 pixels) Full HD LTPS 2.5D curved glass display
- 2 GHz Octa-core MediaTek Helio P10 processor with Mali T860 GPU
- 4 GB LPDDR3 RAM, 64 GB internal memory, expandable up to 12 8GB via microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Amigo OS 3.2
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 13 MP rear + 5 MP dual rear cameras with dual-tone LED flash
- 13 MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 154.2×76.4×7.4mm; Weight: 168.2g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 3000 mAh battery
The Gionee S9 will arrive in black, gold and rose gold color variants, priced at 2499 yuan (around $365). The handset goes on sale in China from November 25, but details of wider availability haven’t been announced.
What are your thoughts on the Gionee S9? Let us know in the comments.