Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Disney's DuckTales: Remastered comes to the Google Play Store for $9.99
The original DuckTales video game, which debuted on the NES in 1989, quickly became one of the most popular action platformers around. If you’ve been waiting to play the game on your mobile device, now may be your chance. Disney has just released DuckTales: Remastered to the Google Play Store, though you’ll need to pay a pretty penny to download it.
You’ll get to play as Scrooge embarking on an adventure across the world to discover the five Legendary Treasures and to save his nephews Huey, Dewey and Louie. Magica De Spell and the Beagle Boys are back as well, and they’re on a mission to steal Scrooge’s treasure.
Here is a full list of what the remastered game has to offer:
- Play as Scrooge McDuck in this remastering of the classic, side-scrolling platformer game
- Explore the Himalayas, Amazon, Transylvania, African mines, and Moon in search of the five Legendary Treasures
- Attack enemies with Scrooge’s iconic pogo jump and cane swing
- Battle and defeat villains in epic boss fights
- Power up with invincibility and discover extra hearts to increase health
- Collect gems to unlock over 90 pieces of production art from the original TV series
The controls are intuitive and easy to master. But if you can’t get the hang of on-screen controls, DuckTales: Remastered has Bluetooth controller support.
Disney has made the game available in the Play Store for a hefty $9.99. There are no in-app purchases whatsoever, so once you pay the upfront fee you’ll be able to enjoy the game to its fullest. Sure, it might be priced a little high, but we’d imagine fans of the original video game will be pleased with this new and improved version. If you’re interested in checking it out, head to the Play Store link below.