Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Disney Plus announces price hikes, ad-supported plan coming next month
- Disney Plus is hiking prices and introducing new plans.
- The basic monthly plan without ads will now cost $11/month or $110 annually.
- The new Disney Plus ad-supported plan will go live on December 8.
If you thought that rising inflation wouldn’t affect your streaming services, you were wrong. Just last week, Sling TV upped its subscription rates citing rising programming costs. Now, Disney Plus has announced a price hike across the board. The streaming service is also getting the previously announced ad-supported tier next month, but you’d be disappointed to know that it’s not exactly cheaper than your current plan.
Starting December 8, Disney Plus will cost you $11 per month, up from the current price of $8. If you want an annual subscription without ads, get ready to cough up $110.
Meanwhile, the ad-supported tier comes in at the current regular price of $8/month or $80 for an annual plan.
If you don’t want to pay $11/$110 for the new Disney Plus plans without ads, you can continue paying $8/$80, but you will start seeing ads.
If your Disney Plus membership is up for renewal, or if you’re looking to get a new subscription, you have till December 7 to grab the existing plans and avoid the price hike.
Disney Plus bundle prices are also going up. The current bundle that comes without ads on Disney Plus but keeps the ads on Hulu is going up from $14 to $15. Also, it won’t be available to new customers starting December 7. Instead, there’s a new Disney Plus Duo Basic plan which comes with Hulu and includes ad-supported viewing on both services for $10. This plan isn’t available for existing Disney Plus subscribers, for now, just new subscribers and existing Hulu subscribers.
Another new Disney Plus bundle includes ESPN Plus and Hulu for $13/month. The existing Disney Plus Hulu bundle without ads on both platforms will continue to exist for $20/month.
Below is a quick summary of the Disney Plus price hikes and new bundles in case you are confused.
- Disney Plus with ads (New plan): $8 per month and $80 annual
- Disney Plus without ads: $11 per month and $110 annual
- Disney Plus existing bundle with Hulu and ESPN: $14 per month, retiring after December 7
- Disney Bundle Duo Basic (New plan): $10 per month
- Disney Bundle Trio Basic (New Plan): $13 per month