Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Disney Plus Day is here and you can sign up for just $1.99 for the first month
The Walt Disney Company is once again celebrating its popular subscription streaming service Disney Plus today with the second annual Disney Plus Day. The fan-focused celebration is dropping lots of new movies, TV shows, and specials on the service, and you can expect to hear about some more upcoming content today.
If you don’t already have the service, you can do it now for the special price of just $1.99 for the first month. This promo price will last until September 19 and is for new and returning members. The price goes back up to its normal $7.99 cost for the next month unless you cancel it before the month is over.
What is Disney Plus Day?
Disney Plus Day is a wide-reaching celebration of all things Disney Plus. New programs and specials have been added to the service today. In addition, people who attend the Disney theme parks around the world will get some extra perks on that day, and anyone who is on a Disney Vacation Club Member Cruise will get some extras as well from August 29 to September 5. AMC Theatres will have special screenings of Disney films like Encanto, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, Newsies, Cars, and Thor: Ragnarok from today to September 19 at select locations for $5 each.
When and where can you watch?
Disney Plus Day takes place today, September 8. New programming on the service is now available, so the main “event” will take place there. In 2021, other exclusives were rolled out on other Disney-owned channels, but there’s no word on if that will happen this year.
What new content will be released on Disney Plus Day?
Here’s what you can stream and watch today, September 8, to coincide with Disney Plus Day.
Brand new titles
Disney is launching brand new content across several of its brands on Disney Plus today. Here’s a look at what you can watch right now:
- Cars on the Road — A CGI series based on the Pixar Cars films, with Lightning McQueen and Mater going on a cross-country road trip.
- Pinocchio — The live-action/CGI adaptation of one of Disney’s beloved animated movies.
- Tierra Incógnita — A Spanish language show about a teenager searching for his missing parents.
- Welcome to the Club — A new Simpsons short subject, centering on Lisa Simpson thinking about joining the Disney Princesses club
- Growing Up — A docuseries that looks at the period of time in a person’s life when they are between 18 and 22 years old.
- Epic Adventures with Bertie Gregory — A National Geographic series about going to exotic and sometimes dangerous parts of the world.
- Dancing with the Stars: The Pros’ Most Memorable Dances — A special that looks at the 20 most memorable dances from the long-running reality show that will move to Disney Plus later in September.
- BTS: Permission to Dance — This is a new concert special for the popular South Korean boy band, filmed in Los Angeles in late 2021.
- Remembering – A short film about the power of imagination that will get some extra features when viewed from a special augmented reality app.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: A Jedi’s Return — A behind-the-scenes look at the recent Star Wars Disney Plus limited series Obi-Wan Kenobi.
- Thor: Love and Thunder — The streaming premiere of the latest Marvel Cinematic Universe film. You can also watch a new episode of Marvel Studios Assembled that goes behind the scenes on the making of the movie.
- She-Hulk: Attorney At Law — You can watch the fourth episode of the MCU series.
- Frozen and Frozen 2 Sing-Alongs — New versions of the animated movies with lyrics on screen.
What else can we expect?
We can also expect Disney to reveal new dates, trailers, and more for upcoming Disney Plus content today. That may include things like when the Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special will drop, along with the long-awaited third season of The Mandalorian.