Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Daily Authority: 👀 OnePlus Pad Peek
🕵️♂️ Good morning, and welcome to Tuesday’s Daily Authority. This week I’m looking forward to heading off on a murder mystery weekend at a remote Scottish hotel. Hopefully, I’ll survive the night!
We’ve got lots of news for you today, as the OnePlus 11 launches globally later alongside the OnePlus Pad. We’ve got leaks for the latter, plus Microsoft’s AI event, Pixel 7 savings, a PlayStation Vita emulator, and Pedro Pascal as you’ve never seen him before.
OnePlus Pad leaks
Ahead of the OnePlus event later today, where we’re expecting the OnePlus 11, OnePlus 11R, and the OnePlus Pad, a leak has revealed the tablet’s keyboard, stylus, and other details.
- A Weibo post discovered by GSMArena shows off the tablet’s display, rear camera, and two accessories in a promo video.
- It looks like the OnePlus Pad will come with a stylus and a folio-style keyboard similar to those that come with other Android tablets, with a trackpad too.
- We also saw a second leak from Abhishek Yadav on Twitter, who shared some leaked specs. According to Yadav, the OnePlus Pad could pack an 11.6-inch 2.8K LCD display with 144Hz refresh rate, MediaTek Dimensity 9000 chipset, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, 13MP rear cam, 8MP front cam, a 9,500mAh battery with 67W charging, and stylus support (which backs up the leaked video).
- We’ll know more at the launch, later today.
Microsoft’s surprise AI event
Just one day after Google announced Bard, its ChatGPT competitor, Microsoft announced an in-person press conference for 1:00 PM ET today.
- Taking place at the company’s HQ in Redmond, the event will also see OpenAI CEO Sam Altman in attendance.
- It’s expected to focus on AI and possible ChatGPT integration for Bing.
- Just last week, a user of the search engine spotted a chatbot interface in it, so the company could be ready to roll the integration out widely or announce plans surrounding it.
- This all comes ahead of Google’s AI and search-related event, which is happening tomorrow, February 8, at 8:30 AM ET.
❓ The Snapdragon naming scheme could get complicated (again) (Android Authority).
🤖 Google will fight ChatGPT with ‘Bard,’ a similar AI-powered bot, only open to ‘trusted testers’ for now (Android Authority).
💰 Got your eyes on a Google Pixel 7 or 7 Pro? Save big money right now on both devices, no strings attached (Android Authority).
😲 Bloatware on the Galaxy S23 series inflates Android 13 to 60GB (Android Authority).
🎥 Behold: The director of Blade Runner produced a short film using a Galaxy S23 Ultra (Android Authority).
🧳 Another AirTag lost luggage story: AirTag reunites couple with luggage four months after airline lost it (iMore).
⚡ Speaking of, Apple may still be working on a feature Android phones have had since 2018 (Android Authority).
🍄 The Last of Us, eat your heart out: Experimental vaccine would be the first to fight off fungi (Gizmodo).
🎮 A PlayStation Vita emulator for Android is launching in just a few days (Android Authority).
It’s-a me, Mario!
If you weren’t sure about Chris Pratt’s Mario voice (so, that’s most of us), then check out this SNL HBO Mario Kart trailer which guarantees you’ll see Pedro in a whole new light. Speaking of The Last of Us, when are we going to see that giraffe moment?
Have a great day!
Paula Beaton, Copy Editor.