Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
We asked, you told us: Most of you would buy your current phone again
Buying a smartphone can be a tricky task, as you need to weigh up pricing, availability, and your own needs. But even if all your requirements are seemingly met, your new phone might not meet your expectations. It could be a poor software experience, disappointing after-sales service, or a better phone arriving weeks later.
So with all that in mind, we asked you earlier this week whether you’d go back and buy your current phone again armed with your current knowledge and experience. Here’s how you answered this poll.
More reading: The best Android phones worth buying
Would you buy your current phone again?
The poll was posted on Tuesday, 22 March, with over 4,200 votes tallied as a result. It turns out that a resounding 70.16% of respondents would indeed buy their current phone again. Some of the comments support this stance too, with readers saying they would buy phones like the Google Pixel 5, Pixel 6 Pro, Huawei P30 Pro, OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 8 Pro, Samsung Galaxy S10 series, and Sony Xperia 1 III again.
Meanwhile, 29.84% of polled readers say they wouldn’t buy their current phone again. The likes of the Pixel 5, Pixel 6 series, and Galaxy S21 got the thumbs-down from some readers in the comments.
Either way, it’s evident that a notable majority of polled readers were happy with their original purchases at the time and wouldn’t change a thing.
- ChefJeff789: I don’t think I would buy the S21 again. It works fine, and OneUI is great, but the Samsung bloatware seems to be getting worse, not better. The battery life has also fallen off a cliff pretty fast, so that’s obnoxious
- Peter Soliman: I would buy my Pixel 3 again today updated with tensor and new cameras! I dislike how large phones have gotten and am heart broken that the rear fingerprint sensor is forever gone! I love using it to pull down the top menu! Oh! And squeeze for assistant – that went away too soon. I use it every day.
- John Wentworth: Sadly I wouldn’t buy the pixel 6 again. It’s a great phone when it’s working, but it’s been a roller coaster of bugs ☹️ It is improving, maybe it will be good by the time they release the 7. I love pixel phones except for the bugs, Google really needed to seriously step up there software QA if they want to be a serious hardware contender. In the nexus days I was fine being a guinea pig, it’s not acceptable at this point.
- Stearless: Yeah for sure, OnePlus 7 Pro, insanely good phone, ahead of it’s time.
- D. in OR: Would absolutely not have bought the Pixel 6 Pro if I’d known what I know today and stuck w/ my 4a (5G). The amount of bugs in the 6 Pro is mind boggling and the camera is hit or miss. Not worth the trouble.
- nemo: for me it is the sony xperia xz1 compact bought it new for 600 euro when it came out in late 2017 and it was worth every penny. I still use it to this day although it has slowly started to show signs of breaking down so i dont know for how much longer i can keep using this lil beast. Fyi it is running android 11 custom rom and if the developer wont update to 12 i will install a android 12 gsi
- joeyyears: I would buy my iPhone 11 Pro again. There’s very few small phones which makes it an easy recommendation when I brought it Late November 2020. The only competition I would’ve been interested in would have been the Pixel 4a or Pixel 5.
- Nick V: YES! Google 6 Pro, and without blinking an eye
- Jeremias Helminen: My current phone is mate 20x. And if i knew how good it is for real, i definitely would buy this again. And if this breaks, i would buy this one again if it is still possible.