Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Android 5.1 Lollipop rolls out for the Xperia Z3 and Z2 ranges
Sony has begun rolling out its Android 5.1 Lollipop update to a selection of smartphones in its Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z2 ranges.
Following an array of handset updates to Android 5.0, Sony has begun rolling out Android 5.1 Lollipop to a range of is Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z2 branded smartphones, bringing a selection of software improvements and some new customization options.
The update applies to the Xperia Z3, Xperia Z3 Compact, Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact, Xperia Z2 and Xperia Z2 Tablet. The change log below gives an idea of what Sony has packed in with this latest update.
- Increased customisation options – so you have even more control over the way volume, silent modes and your alerts function
- Brand new LinkedIn integration – be more productive with intuitive contact synchronisation in your Calendar
- Camera improvements – with faster, more accurate Superior Auto Mode focus for great images, regardless of conditions
- Enhanced enterprise support – with our latest Xperia in Business features for work
- SmartWear integration – selfie snapping made that bit easier, with SmartWatch 3 as a remote shutter button
Sony states that a similar update will be heading to its two Xperia Z1 handsets next, along with the Xperia Z Ultra in the coming weeks. After that, the T2 Ultra and C3 are in line for an update, followed by the original Xperia Z range, the M2 and M2 Aqua sometime later.
As is always the way with updates, timing and availability will vary depending on your region and carrier. Keep an eye out for that update notification in the coming days.