Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Alcatel launches the IDOL 4 in India with a VR headset
In a press event in New Delhi, Alcatel launched the IDOL 4 smartphone in India. The IDOL 4 and IDOL 4S were first unveiled at the MWC 2016 earlier this year.
The highlight of the IDOL 4 is a bundled VR headset that offers an immersive 360-degree multimedia and gaming experience. The smartphone packs in dual-speakers that offer a total audio output of 7.2 watts with Waves MaxxAudio technology, and there’s a pair of JBL stereo headset in the box.
One of the unique features of the IDOL 4 is the Boom Key that that gives you access to a wide range of functions and apps with the press of a single button.
We are excited to launch our flagship device, IDOL 4 in the Indian market which marks another milestone for us. We are proud to be the pioneers in democratizing technology by bringing the benefits of VR to consumers across economic spectrum at disruptive price-points. Another innovative feature – the Boom Key boom-ifies everything, from the sound to photos to gaming. We are optimistic that the consumers will love this product.– Praveen Valecha, Regional Director, Alcatel India
Alcatel IDOL 4 Specifications
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Display: 5.2-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS LTPS | Live UI | Parallax UI
- Processor: Octa-Core Snapdragon 617 (4 x 1.7GHz + 4 x 1.2GHz) | Adreno 405 GPU
- RAM: 3GB
- Internal Storage: 16GB; expandable up to 512GB with microSD card
- Rear Camera: 13MP | Dual-tone LED Flash | f/2.0 aperture | PDAF | Electronic Image
- Front Camera: 8MP | LED flash | 84-degree wide-angle lens
- Dimensions: 147 × 72.5 × 7.1mm
- Weight: 135g
- Battery: 2610mAh | Quick Charge 2.0
Priced at ₹16,999, the Alcatel IDOL 4 comes in three color variants – Gold, Metal Silver, and Dark Grey colors – and will be available exclusively from Flipkart starting today at 2PM.
What do you think of the Alcatel IDOL 4? It’s got decent specifications on paper, and the bundled VR headset offering might appeal to multimedia and gaming enthusiasts. Tell us in the comments!