Top 5 Android Media Players
In the last few years, with our mobile phones becoming more powerful and packing a lot more features, a lot of other products such as point-and-shoot cameras and mp3 players are slowly becoming redundant. This is especially true in the case of our media requirements. With the ability to view HD quality videos and movies, and listen to high-quality audio either from our own playlists, or via internet radio, for a lot of us, our smartphones have primarily become media devices.
In most cases, the stock media players on devices are more than satisfactory. But sometimes, there are certain user requirements and features, that require us to look at third-party resources to meet out needs. Today, we take a look at some of best Android media players available at the Google Play Store.
DoubleTwist Media Player
DoubeTwist is your one stop solution for all your media requirements including music, videos, internet radio, and podcasts. Features of this app include:
- Ability to sync music to your phone either via USB or using wirelessly using AirSync(premium feature)
- Subscription to podcasts without requiring a podcast. New episodes are downloaded directly over 3G/4G or WiFi.
- Smart playlists
- Ability to stream music, videos, and photos to devices such as Xbox, PS3, Sonos, and Apple TV.
DoubleTwist is a free download, but features such as AirSync are available through in-app purchasing. You can find DoubleTwist on the Google Play Store here.
MixZing Media Player
MixZing Media Player is one of the most advanced audio and video players available for Android, and boasts impressive features such as:
- MusicID identifies songs and let’s you clean up tags and album art
- Lyrics recognition
- Mood Player to automatically creates custom playlists
- Graphic equalizer
- Folder browsing
MixZing Media Player is free to download from the Google Play Store here.
Meridian Media Player
Meridian Media Player is one of the most functional and customizable music and video players available. While the user interface is extremely basic, the app boasts features including
- Advanced in-app folder management means you can include/exclude specific folders from the SD card
- PlayQ allows you to create playlists that include both music and videos. Entire albums, or folders can be added to PlayQ easily
- Convenient and simple gesture controls
You can download the Meridian Media Player from the Google Play Store here.
Poweramp Music Player
Poweramp is one of the more popular music players available on the Google Play Store. This app boasts multiple features including
- Multiple format recognition (including mp3, ogg, wav, flac, tta, mpc, etc.)
- 10 band optimized graphical equalizer
- separate bass and treble adjustment
- lyrics support
- high level of customization
To see a full list of features and to download the app, you can do so here.
Winamp Music Player
Winamp has been an extremely popular media player for a lot of users on the PC. Winamp is now available for Android, with features including
- Free wireless syncing
- ShoutCast Radio and free music
- Easy playlist and play queue management
- Artist info including bios and news
The basic version is available for free on the Google Play Store here. The Pro Version brings additional features such as a 10 band graphical equalizer, folder browsing, ability to play any streaming audio URL, and most importantly, no ads. You can find the Winamp Pro version here.
What are your thoughts? What is your Android media player of choice? If you believe that there is another media player that deserves to make this list, let us know in the comments section below.