If you have been hankering to try out the new look and feel of Android L but don’t have a Nexus device, or can’t be doing with installing new ROMs, then the latest Nova Launcher Beta might go some way to help tide you over until the official release of L.
The 3.0.2 beta update for Nova Launcher includes a new look for folders and the app drawer icon, as well as Android L’s swipe up animation when launching new apps.
Here is the changelog for the latest 3.0.2beta1, as well as how to enable the Android L inspired features.
- “L” Folder Preview (Nova Settings – Folder – Folder Preview – Line)
- “L” App Drawer Icon (Long-press app drawer – Edit – Tap Icon – All white icon under “Built-in”)
- “L” App Animation (Nova Settings – Look and Feel – App Animation – Slide Up)
- Minor tuning for running on Android L Dev Preview
- Optimizations and bug fixes
If you want to try out the features for yourself, there are a couple of ways to do it. Existing Nova Launcher users can sign up to the Nova Launcher Beta community and then enable the Beta update through the app, by checking for updates in Nova settings and then selecting the option to scan for Beta updates. Alternatively, you can simply download the 3.0.2beta1 APK and install it straight on your device.
Let us know what you think.