It’s the beginning of the month, and you know what that means: it’s time for Google to release a new Android security patch for its current Pixel and Nexus devices. Factory images and OTA files with August’s Android security patch are now available from Google’s website.
This month’s security update brings new Android 7.1.2 files for the Google Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel C, Nexus 6P, and Nexus 5X. The Nexus Player, Nexus 6, and both Nexus 9 models have received new Android 7.1.1 files as well.
Do note that there are multiple builds for the Pixel, Pixel XL, and Nexus 6, so make sure you’re downloading the correct file for your device.
- Google Pixel: NJH47F (factory image, OTA)
- Google Pixel XL: NJH47F (factory image, OTA)
- Pixel C: N2G48C (factory image, OTA)
- Nexus 6P: N2G48C (factory image, OTA)
- Nexus 5X: N2G48C (factory image, OTA)
- Nexus 6: N6F27I (factory image, OTA) / N8I11B (factory image, OTA)
- Nexus Player: N2G48C (factory image, OTA)
- Nexus 9 (LTE): N4F27K (factory image, OTA)
- Nexus 9 (Wi-Fi): N9F27H (factory image, OTA)
How to flash Android 7.0 Nougat on your Nexus
If you’re new to sideloading factory images and need some help, be sure to check out our guide. If you aren’t comfortable with this method, your device should receive the OTA update sometime in the next couple days.
Google has also posted a new security bulletin for this August 2017 patch, which you can find right here.