When you buy an Android smartphone, a PC, or a Chromebook, you will likely want to check out Google’s Chrome web browser. One of the first things you may want to do is to set up a homepage on Chrome. Many, perhaps, most people, like to have the main Google start page as their homepage for their browser. It offers a direct way to search for anything you want. It has some nice extra features as well, such as weather forecasts and more.
“But how do I make Google my homepage on Chrome?” Good question, and that’s exactly what we will reveal in this short article. As you might imagine, it’s actually pretty simple to have Google as the first web page you see whenever you open a fresh tab of Chrome.
Read more: Best Android browsers
Make Google your homepage on Android – how to set it up
- After you open Chrome, tap on the browser’s Menu icon, which is located on the top right side of the app.
- You then want to scroll down and tap on the Settings option.
- After that, you then select the “Home Page” option inside Settings.
- After you check to make sure the “Home page” is in fact turned on, you then tap “Open this page”
- Finally, you just type in the “www.google.com” URL in that section and you are all set. The main Google page should now be set up as your Chrome home page on your Android phone.
Make Google my homepage on PC – how to set it up
If you have downloaded the Chrome browser on your PC, or if you have purchased a Chromebook, the way to set up Chrome as your homepage is the same.
- Launch Chrome, and then move your cursor to the Menu icon, which is located on the top right side of the app.
- Scroll down and click on the Settings option.
- You will then be taken to an internal web page, chrome://settings/. Scroll down to the “On startup” selection, and click on the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- You should then see a new selection: “Add a new page”. Click on that option.
- You should then see the “Add a new page” selection pop up, with a “Site URL” option to type. Just type in the “http://www.google.com” URL in that section, and then click the “Add” button. You should be all set. The next time you launch Chrome, Google should appear as your homepage.
That’s how you make Google your homepage with Chrome. Keep in mind that these procedures are not limited to just the Google site. If you want to use another web page as your Chrome home page, you just type in the appropriate URL, as described in the final section of both tutorials, and it should be set up as your Chrome homepage.