Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
How to delete your search history on Android
If you’re an Android user, deleting your search history is very simple. Furthered by the fact that Google owns and develops Android, the company makes it very easy to access your past search information and clear it. Let’s go over how to delete your search history on Android.
READ MORE: How to enable weather alerts on Android 12
THE SHORT ANSWER
To delete your search history on Android, launch the Google app. Tap your profile picture in the top right, then go to Search history > Delete. From the options that appear, select Delete today, Delete custom range, Delete all time, or Auto-delete.
How to delete search history on Android (Google app)
Deleting your search history on an Android device is incredibly simple. Doing so allows you to clear out searches that may have been inappropriate or were simply an accident. It also allows you to keep your virtual space clean and manageable, especially with respect to all of those rabbit holes you go down daily!
- Find the Google app on your phone. Open it.
- Tap your profile picture in the top right.
- From the subsequent dropdown menu, tap Search history.
- You can tap the X next to individual searches in the list to delete them. Alternatively, tap the Delete dropdown button above your search results.
- From the options that appear, select Delete today, Delete custom range, Delete all time, or Auto-delete.
How to delete browsing history on Android (Google Chrome)
Deleting your browsing history clears your past searches and results. This can make life difficult for you if you’re someone who relies a lot on auto-fill, so make sure you only delete everything if you’re sure that’s what you want to do. You can also go into your history and delete individual items if that’s better for you.
- Launch the Google Chrome app and tap the Menu (⋮) button in the top right.
- Go to History.
- Select Clear browsing data….
- Tap the checkbox next to Browsing history, then, next to Time range, choose how much of your browsing data you wish to delete.
- Tap Clear data.
How to browse in private
Another way to avoid Google search tracking is to use incognito mode. This makes it so that none of your searches or history are saved to your Google account.
To do this, launch Google Chrome > tap the Menu (⋮) button > tap New incognito tab.