Sony has now taken the wraps off several new devices here at IFA, including the beautiful Xperia Z3 Compact. While the Z3 isn’t a massive upgrade when compared to its predecessor, the Xperia Z3 Compact is a very noticeable leap ahead when compared to the older Xperia Z1 Compact.
The Z3 Compact is the same as its bigger brother in just about every way, only in a smaller package. That means you get the same processor package and RAM, though the display is much smaller at 4.6-inches, with a 720p resolution. You also can expect the same basic software features and Sony’s new battery optimization changes that should preserve battery life.
- 2.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 MSM 8974-AC
- Adreno 330 GPU
- 4.6-inch 720p display
- 3GB RAM
- 20.7MP 1/2.3-type EXMOR RS CMOS with G Lens, CMOS image, BIONZ for mobile
- 4K video capture (3840×2160 pixels/30p) with SteadyShot image stabiliization
- Digital noise-cancelling technology for an immersive audio experience
- 2.1MP front cam
- 16GB storage
- 4G LTE support
- Water and dust resistance (IP68)
- 2600mAh battery
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat
- Fast battery charging technology
While the Z3 Compact’s design isn’t much different from its predecessor, there are a few new color choices such as teal and orange. On the other hand, it seems Sony is no longer offering a purple or yellow option.
We don’t know much about pricing or availability for the Z3 Compact just yet, but we’ll be sure to update you as soon as we learn more. We will also be bringing you hands-on Xperia Z3 Compact video footage and other details in the days to come.